Chapter 12: Fights with the Uchiha and The New Guardian

Naruto's POV

I was arguing with Kiba that ramen was better than meat until I saw Nue-chan walked in the room. My eyes went wide when I saw her hair. She looked amazing! "Nue-chan!" I called. She looked at me and smiled. Kiba and I ran over to her.

"Nue-chan, you look amazing!" I said to her. Nue-chan blushed. She looked cute when she blushed. "I like your new hairstyle." Kiba said. "Thank you, Kiba." She said, a little shyly. I shot Kiba a glare. He noticed it and smirked.

"All right class, settle down." I heard Iruka-sensei say. We all took our seats and listened to what Iruka-sensei had to say.

Nue's POV

I took my seat next to Naruto after Iruka-sensei told us to sit down. Iruka told us that we had a test next class. We had to do the Clone Jutsu in order to pass. That sounded pretty easy, considering how many times Sharon made me do the jutsu until it was perfect.

Class ended rather quickly. Probably because I dozed off for the rest of class. I got up from my seat and went to the door. "So, what do you wanna do when we get home?" I asked Kiyoshi. "You wanna get sssssomething to eat?" He suggested.

"Already?" I asked. He gave me a nod. "No, thanks. I just wanna get some sleep." I said before yawning slightly. "SSSleep? Are you sssssure thossssse ssssleeping pillsssss are doing the trick for ya?" Kiyoshi asked. I shrugged.

"To be honest, I really don't know." I answered, truthfully. I accidentally bumped into someone... again. I sighed into the person's chest. Man, I sure have a habit of bumping into people these days.

"Are you okay?" The person I bumped into asked me. I looked up, seeing it was a boy with black hair in a shape of a pineapple.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered, taking a step back so my face was no longer in his chest. I pulled away from his chest. "You're... Nue, right?" He asked. "Yes, I am." I said. "I'm Shikamaru Nara. Nice to meet you." He introduced, extending his hand.

I took it and shook his hand. I know about the Nara Clan. I hear they're pretty popular with their Shadow Possession Jutsu. "Hey, Shikamaru," I said. He hummed in response. "This Sasuke guy... What's he like?" I asked.

"Oh, great. Don't tell me you have a crush on him, too?"

"No, not at all. I was just wondering what makes him so popular in this class."

"Probably because he's the number one rookie in the academy."

"Number one rookie?" I repeated. He nodded his head. "What makes him number one?" I questioned. "He gets the highest scores in the class." Shikamaru answered. "So? Anyone can get a high score if they study. It doesn't sound like he's all that special to me." I said.

"Oh, yeah?"

Oh, shit. I turned around. Of course. Why am I not surprised? It's the rookie himself, Sasuke Uchiha. I heard Kiyoshi laugh. "Pardon?" I asked Sasuke. "You think it's that easy?" Sasuke asked.

"Well, yeah. Anyone can become number one if they study. Take Naruto, for example. If he were to study hard, he'd be the number one rookie instead of you. I'm sure he has just enough knowledge as you do. Maybe even more. I mean, from the looks of it, I think he might be even stronger than you." I said.

Sasuke glared at me. Oops. I didn't mean any disrespect by it. I was just trying to make a point. Well, that went well. "Are you trying to pick a fight with me?" Sasuke demanded. "I wasn't trying to. I was only making a statement." I said.

"Look, Sasuke. I'm sure Nue didn't mean to offend you. Remember, she's still new." Shikamaru defended. I was tired and sleepy, but for some reason, I felt like fighting. "If you can prove me wrong, then fight me." I challenged.