Chapter 24: Nue's Dark Twin

Nue's POV (*Inside Nue's Head*)

It's dark. I looked around and see nothing but dark trees and dead flowers with a dark red sky. I see a girl on her hands and knees, her head inches from the ground. She seemed to be licking up something off the ground. "Hello?" I called out to her.

She didn't respond. She didn't even turn to look at me. "Are you all right? Do you need any help?" I asked. She continued to lick whatever off the ground, ignoring me. I walk towards her. "Hello?" I said, gently resting a hand on her shoulder.

She lifts her head up and slowly turns around to face me. I gasp in shock. The girl I was looking at... is me. There was blood all over her mouth as her eyes were glowing purple. I take a step back in fear. She stands up and stares at me.

I look behind her and see someone lying in a pool of blood. I get a better look at the person and gasp. It's Genshi! "Aren't you going to thank me? I just finished your job for you." The girl said. "What... What do you mean?" I asked, scared.

"I did what you couldn't," She said. "Well, I suppose you could've done it. But that brat-of-a-sister of ours stopped us." She explained as she looked back at Genshi's body. "No... I... I didn't want this." I said a soft voice. 

I take a few steps back and she's quickly in front of me. "Are you saying you didn't want to kill him?" She asked with a frown. "No... It was an accident. I didn't mean to-"

"Didn't mean to?!" She screams at me, causing me to fall on my behind. I jumped in fear when I saw her in front of me, making me gasp at her speed. "Admit it. You can't get anything accomplished without me." She said as she leans forward.

"You're wrong." I said, trying to sound confident. "AM I?!" She shouted. I flinched. "Poor Nue." She mocked as licked away a tear that had escaped my eye due to fear. "Do you really think they'll accept you? A girl with ugly looking things sticking out of her back?" She said.

I blinked and she's gone. I quickly sit on my knees and look around, trying to find her. "Becoming friends with people who will never understand what it's like to be born a monster. How pathetic." I hear her say from behind.

I turn my head to see her tracing her fingers across my blue tails. "But don't worry. I won't kill the friends we've made here. At least... not yet." She said before licking my neck. I shudder in fear as I quickly shut my eyes tightly. I can't move.

I feel her stand up. I opened my eyes when I felt her take my hand and pull me to my feet. "But sooner or later.... you're gonna have to let me take control, Nue." She smiles darkly as she rest her bloody hand on my cheek and licks the other.

"Wake up." She whispers in my ear. I shut my eyes tightly.

(*Outside Nue's Head*)

I shoot up from where I was laying, panting heavily as beads of sweat rolled down my forehead and the sides of my head. I calmed down and look around to see where I was at. The walls were white and I was lying on a white bed with a white blanket.

Where am I? "Kiyoshi?" I whispered. "It'sss okay kid. I'm right here." He hissed as he slithered onto my lap. "Where are we?" I asked him. "We're in the hosssspital." He answered. "The hospital? What are we doing here?" I asked, confused.

"You blacked out on the field after you defeated that rain ninja. Don't you remember?" He asked. "No... I don't." I replied. I looked up and saw a nurse walk through the door. "You're awake." She said, calmly.

"Nue-chan!" Naruto ran into the room along with the rest of Squad 7 and Kiba with three other people. "You look like you're doing well." Kakashi-sensei said. Kiba ran over to me and hugged me. "Are you all right?" He asked me.