Chapter 48: Little By Little

Naruto's POV

"I'm serious, Grandma Tsunade! The second Nue-chan's bandages came off, she had the Sharingan! Believe it!" I said as I explained to her what happened last night. "Are you sure you didn't eat too much ramen?" Tsunade asked.

"Oh, come on! Just go ask Nue-chan herself!" I yelled. "I have too much work on my hands. I'll talk to her later." Tsunade said. "Hmph. Fine." I said and left. I went down to the hospital to check up on Nue-chan.

"Hey, I'm looking for Nue-chan's room. Can you tell me where I can find her?" I asked the nurse. "Of course." She said with a smile. She told me Nue-chan's room number and I went there. I looked inside Nue-chan's window and saw her sitting up in her bed with a gun in her hand.

It looked like she was trying to put it together while being blind. Why is she doing that?

Nue's POV

I sat in my hospital bed, trying to put my gun together. Yes, I'm trying to build the gun while I'm blind. Hey, it beats than sitting around here doing nothing. I managed to get the bullets in and I just took the safety off.

"Hmm..." I hummed to myself, then raised the gun out in front of me while putting my finger on the trigger. "Hey, Nue-chan!" I heard Naruto say. Startled, I pulled the trigger on accident and heard Naruto yelp, making me gasp.

"Naruto, are you alright?!" I asked, panicked. "Jeez, Nue-chan! Are you trying to kill me or something?!" Naruto yelled. I gave a nervous laugh while scratching the back of my head.

"I'm sorry. I was only training."

"While being blind?"

"Uh-huh. Believe it."

Oh Jashin, I'm starting to sound like him. He laughed at the fact I said his slogan. "How are you holding up, by the way?" Naruto asked as I felt him sit on the bed. "A bit better, I guess." I answered with a shrug. "Well, that's good." He said.

"So, what's on the agenda for Squad 7?" I asked. "Well, Sakura, Sasuke, and I are going to the Land of Tea on our next mission." He explained. "The Land of Tea? You're so lucky. I've never been there." I sulked.

"Don't worry Nue-chan. The second you get your sight back, I'll take you there some time. I promise." Naruto said.

"Really?"

"Believe it!"

I smiled. "Hey, shouldn't you get ready?" I asked. "Gah, you're right! Catch ya later, Nue-chan!" Naruto said before I heard him leave. "You two have stricken quite a friendship." A calm voice said. "Is that you, Yin Yang?" I asked.

"Of course. But enough about me. What about you? Are your wounds healing up?" He asked. Last night, when Aiko choked me, she left bruises on my neck. A nurse noticed them this morning and wrapped bandages around them.

"Yes, they are." I said, answering Yin Yang's question, then yawned. "Tired, are we?" Yin Yang asked. "Yeah, a little. I didn't get much sleep last night." I answered. I yawned again and expected Yin Yang to say something else, but he didn't.

"Yin Yang?" I called out. There was no answer. I'm guessing he left. It's weird though. I wonder where he disappears off to? I laid my head down on the pillow, then fell asleep. About two hours later, I heard someone say, "Nue, are you okay?" I knew it was Tsunade.

I sat up while taking the blanket off me. "How did you sleep?" She asked as I heard her approach me. "It must be hard having amnesia and I know you must be struggling to remember. I'm sorry." Tsunade said.

I felt her hand reach for my face, so I turned my head away from her. I didn't want her touching me. For some reason, I didn't feel comfortable around Tsunade. She made me feel.... weird, that's all. "Naruto told me you were attacked last night." Tsunade mentioned.