Chapter 52: Reunited

3rd Person's POV

Naruto was brought back to the Leaf Village after the clash with Sasuke. The mission to bring back Sasuke Uchiha was a failure. "Where's Nue?" Kakashi asked. "Nue-chan... She's dead." Naruto said, sadly.

When Iri and Maria got the news about Nue, they didn't want to believe it. They refused to believe it. But it was the truth. As for Kyo, he went back to the summoning world, where Nue's summonings resided, so he could heal his wounds.

ANBU Black Ops went to retrieve Nue's body. However, her body wasn't there. They came to believe she either walked off on her own or she was taken. Lady Tsunade assumed it was Orochimaru who took her. Nevertheless, she held a funeral fro Nue. 

Iri cried as Marai hung her head in shame as she failed to protect her Mistress. Nue's pets, Kiyoshi and Misaki felt like they were to blame for Nue's passing. They believed if they had been by Nue's side like they were supposed to, Nue would still be with them.

When the funeral ended, some of the villagers had smirks on their faces. They were glad that she was gone because it was one less monster to deal with. "What's wrong with you people?! Why are you smiling?!" Iri snapped at them.

"She risked her life to save you all! She didn't do anything wrong! All she wanted was to be accepted! All she wanted was..." Iri trailed off as Maria pulled her into a hug, letting the child sob into her chest. 

Like Nue had repeated in the past, she kept her promise. She had protected the people she care about and she paid the price with her life as her exact words were, "I'll protect everyone I care about, or die trying."

Yes, Nue's friends were safe, but she wasn't able to save herself. But there's still that one question that still stands; Where was Nue Houjuu?

Nue's POV

"She's dead! Let me sacrifice her fucking body to Jashin!"

"No, look. Her wounds are healing."

"Did you find others?

"Negative. We scouted the area, but we couldn't find anything. It appears she's the only one left, un."

"Nue, if you can hear me, wake up."

What's going on? Where the hell am I? I know for a fact that I'm not in the Final Valley. So, where am I? I slowly opened my eyes and saw people around me as they were wearing black cloaks with red clouds on them. "Nani...?" I whispered.

"She's awake." I heard a deep voice say. I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out. "Glad to see you're awake, Nue Houjuu." A man with piercings said. I looked at their cloaks and my eyes turned purple. Akatsuki! 

"Your murderers!" I quickly got up from whatever I was laying on and ran at the man with piercings. I went to throw a punch, but my fist stopped right when I was about to hit his face. I tried pushing my fist forward, but it wouldn't budge.

The man grabbed my wrist and threw me over to a wall. I did a backflip and landed on the wall with my hands and feet as I glared at him.  "Calm down. We're not gonna hurt you, so there's no reason for you to fight." He explained.

I kicked off the wall and dashed towards him until a woman with blue hair got in front him. She grabbed my wrist, stopping my attack. I went to hit her with my free hand, but she caught my wrist, keeping me in the air.

"You must listen to us, Nue. We're not going to fight you." She tried to reason. "Sasori, according to your intel, you said she has amnesia, correct?" The man with piercings said. "I had amnesia. But I have my memories back." I said, coldly.