Chapter 25: The Chunin Exams

Nue's POV

"Where's Sakura?" I asked Naruto. He shrugged his shoulders. It's not usually like her to be late. "Here ssshe comesss." Kiyoshi said. "Hey, you're late." Naruto said to her. "Right." she said. She looked over at Sasuke.

"Good morning, Sasuke-kun." She said to him. "Morning." He replied. We began to walk to the third floor. "Do you think she was acting a bit odd to you?" I whispered to Kiyoshi. "I don't know. I try not to get into the middle of thessses thingssss." He said.

We only got to the second floor because there were a lot of genin. "Please, we have to go in there." A girl with brown hair said. She tried to get past the two genin, but two other genin hit her. "That wasn't very nice." I said.

Then, all eyes were on me. "Did I say that out loud?" I asked. "Nice? We're being nice by not letting you enter." The genin blocking the door said. Looks like I did. Me and my big fat mouth. "It's a genjutssssu." Kiyoshi whispered.

"Yeah, I know." I whispered. I got a better look at the two genin blocking the door. I raised an eyebrow at them. "Kotetsu? Izumo? What are you doing here?" I asked with a deadpan expression. They both looked at me, surprised.

"Hey, Nue." Kotetsu smiled. "How'd you know it was us?" Izumo asked. "Kotetsu's hair kind of gave it away, and a little bit of your face, Izumo." I said. He smirked. "Nice job. Good luck in the exams." He said. I bowed my head to them and they disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I turned back to my team and saw Naruto and some guy in a green suit sulking. What did I miss? "Hey, you with the cloak." I turned around to face a guy with long brown hair. "Me?" I asked, pointing at myself.

"Yeah. Who are you?" He asked. I was about to answer until Kiyoshi bit my hand. "Ouch! What was that for?!" I whispered/yelled. "Doessssn't he know it'ssss only polite to introduce himsssself firsssst?" Kiyoshi hissed.

I shot him a confused look. He sighed. "You're a rookie, right? Just how old are you?" The guy asked. Kiyoshi bit my hand again before I could answer. "Would you knock it off?!" I whispered, agitated. "Didn't Luna teach you not to talk to sssstrangers?" He whispered back, just as agitated.

I sighed and turned back to the brown-haired boy. "I'm sorry. But I'm afraid I can't answer you that." I said, politely. I bowed and left.

"Nue-chan! Come on, let's go!" Naruto said. I smiled and nodded. I wrapped my arm around his arm and we walked to the third floor.

(Skipping the fight with Sasuke and Lee. Sorry. Too lazy) :p

When we got to the third floor, the room was filled with genin. "Looksss like we got ssssome competition." Kiyoshi hissed. A pair of hands covered my eyes from behind. "Guess who?" The person said. "Um... Kiba?" I guessed.

"Yep." Kiba uncovered my eyes and spun me around. "Kiba!" I cheered as I hugged him. "Hey, Nue. Feeling better?" He asked. "Yeah, a little. Thanks for asking." I answered. Akamaru barked and I smiled at him.

"It's nice to see you, too, Akamaru." I said as he jumped in my arms. I giggled slightly. Same old Akamaru.

"H-Hello, Nue." I heard a soft voice. "Hi, Hinata." I said. She looks so adorable! "Man, this is such a drag. I didn't think you guys would be here, too." I heard a lazy voice say. "Nice to see you, too, Shika." I said. "Well, well. Look who it is." He said, smiling.

I hugged him. "Still lazy as ever I see." I joked. "Looks like all nine rookies are here." Kiba said. "Seems that way, doesn't it?" I agreed. "Hey, guys. Could you keep it down? This isn't some circus act you know." We heard a boy say.

We all turned around to see a boy with gray hair that was tied into a pony tail wearing glasses while he wore purple clothing. This feels like a Deja vu. "Just who the hell are you?" Ino demanded. "My name's Kabuto Yakushi." He introduced.

Kabuto? I know I've seen this guy before. "Kabuto Yakushi?" I said, quietly. "Don't you remember? He wasss that guy who wasss with Orochimaru when you guysss firssst met." Kiyoshi said. "Oh, yeah. Now, I remember." I said.

"I will never underssstand how you're thissss innocent." Kiyoshi hissed as he rolled his eyes. I felt someone pulling my arm, taking me way from the group. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked the ninja.

The girl had blonde hair with orange eyes. I looked at her headband that was tied around her arm and looked at the symbol, seeing she was from the Hidden Grass Village. "What in the holy hell are you doing, talking to Kabuto?" She said.

"Huh?" She looked around before turning into Iri. "Iri?! What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm just looking after my imouto." She said with a smile. I smiled back. "Thanks, Onee-chan." I said. "Now, back to my question. Just what the hell were you doing, talking to Kabuto!" Iri repeated, lightly hitting me on the head repeatedly.

"First of all, he came to us. Second, does Okaa-san know you're here?" I asked. "Well... yes and no." She answered, sheepishly.

"What do you mean?"

"Well... Yes, she knows I left the house. No, she doesn't know I'm here."

"Are you insane?!"

"Not as insane as you are for somehow getting yourself wound up in the hospital!"

I sighed at her comment. "By the way, some guy asked me if you could go talk to him." She mentioned. "What guy?" I asked. "That one over there. Here, I'll show you to him." Iri took my hand and led to Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara.

"Hey, nice to see you again." Temari said. "Hey, Temari. Kankuro. Gaara." I greeted. "That Gaara guy's cute. I think you two would make a great couple." Iri whispered. I felt my face turn red. Iri giggled and went over to Temari to tell her what she told me, then they both chuckled. "Onee-chan, why do you always tease me?" I murmured.

Sister love, I guess. "I like you already, kid." Kankuro said with a smirk. "Huh?" I raised a brow at him, confused. "All right, you baby-faced maggots! Quiet down!" We heard a man shout. "My name's Ibiki Morino. I'll be your proctor for this exam." He said, smirking.

"Gotta go. See ya later, Nue!" Iri said as she went back to her disguise. "Now, everyone take your seats so the first part of the exam can begin!" He barked. "This is gonna be fun." I smirked. "You can ssssay that again." Kiyoshi hissed with excitement. I took my seat and sat down.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 25 finished. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Vote and Comment. Until next time. Sayonara, my insane children!

Kureiji out~