Chapter 34: Training and Perish

Nue's POV

I walked to the training grounds since that was place where Anko told me to meet her. Am I nervous? You bet your money I am. Why did all of sudden did she choose to train me? Why did she want to train me in particular?

Maybe I should ask her when I get there. I decided not to bring Kiyoshi with me today because I wanted him to have the day off. "Anko?" I called, once I got to the training grounds. I jumped in fear as a kunai knife scratched my cheek.

I blinked when I saw Anko jump down from a tree and smiled at me. "Looks like you're on time. Congratulations." She said with a grin. I stood there, speechless, or at least waiting for my heartbeat to stop beating like drum.

"Ready for training?" Anko asked me. "Um yeah. But why did you want to train me all of sudden?" I asked. "Ask questions later. Right now, we have work to do. Let's see what you got." She said. I sighed, knowing she wasn't going to tell me. I just got out my kunai knife and began to fight her.

(Time skip)

"Wow, kid. You're pretty strong." Anko panted. "Thanks." I said, breathlessly. We both had our hands on our knees and were panting pretty hard. We were both pretty worn out. "Alright, kid. Break time's over." Anko said as stood up straight 

"I'm going to teach you a new trick."  She said. A new trick? "Like what?" I asked her. She smirked. "You'll see," Anko went over to a tree and got in position. "Ninja Art: Shadow Snakes!" Snakes shot out of her sleeves and lunged at the tree.

"That was awesome! Where did you learn that?" I asked. "That move was from a long time ago." She said as she made the snakes slither back into her sleeve. "Can you teach me that?" I asked her. "Sure thing, kid." She smiled.

After trying to do the technique about a dozen times, I was just about ready to give up. "Damn it!" I shouted out of frustration. Anko laughed at my outburst. "Don't get so angry, kid. You'll get the hang of it." She said. "Easy for you to say. It's harder than it looks." I mumbled.

I huffed, then continued to work on the technique, focusing o. "Hey, let me ask you something." Anko said. "Sure. What is it?" I asked. "I notice you wear that cloak all the time. Care to tell me why?" She questioned. I froze in my spot. How can I tell her without freaking her out?

"Well... it's a long story." I said.

"Whaaat? Come on, you can tell me."

"I'd rather not."

"Come on. What's the worst that could happen?"

"You could faint, or scream and run away." I muttered.

"All right. If you won't tell me, I'll just have to force the truth out of ya." she said. "Force the truth out of me? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, turning around to face her, but she was gone. "Anko? Where'd you go?" I asked, looking around.

"Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu!" I look up to see a huge fireball coming at me. I dodged away and saw Anko coming at me with a kunai knife in her hand. I summoned my trident and made it clash with her knife. She smirked and swept her leg under my feet, causing me to fall on the ground. She went to grab my cloak, but I rolled away.

I did a backwards roll and quickly stood to my feet while Anko began to jump from one tree to another. Pretty soon, she began jumping all over the place, trying to confuse me so it would be hard to pinpoint her location.

I threw shuriken piece at the spot she was going to land next. Anko saw it coming and jumped out of the way. I picked up the kunai knife she dropped and ran towards her. She gasped when she saw me coming. I lunged at her with my speed and pinned her to the ground. I went to stab her neck until I stopped myself just in time, my face close to hers.