Chapter 54: Swimming with Kisame

"Swimming?" I repeated. "Konan thinks you might feel better if you went swimming with me." Kisame explained as he stood in my room. I laid down on my bed, on my stomach, as I swung my legs in the air. "Not interested." I said.

"Oh, come on, Nue. It's already been a week and you've been cooped up in your room, hardly trying to get to know any of us." Kisame said. "And why would I wanna get to know you people?" I asked as I rolled on my back so I was looking at him upside down.

"Because since you're going to be living here, you should try and make an effort of getting to know us. Think about it. With a little swimming, you might feel better." Kisame said. I sighed and rolled back on my stomach.

"If it'll get you to shut your trap, then I'll go swimming with you." I said before getting off the bed. "Your personality intrigues me." Kisame commented as he led us out of the base. "Why? Because I'm bipolar?" I asked in a bored tone. "Yes." He answered.

He sure was straightforward with his answer. "So, where exactly is this swimming pool?" I asked. "We're going to a lake. I guess I should've told you to bring a swimming suit, huh?" Kisame said. "No need. I can make one of my own." I waved my hand over my body and my attire was replaced with a swimming suit.

"You can make anything you want by just waving your hands?" Kisame asked. "It's not as simple as it seems. I use my Dark Style technique to create what I want. But I'm uncertain how much chakra it takes up." I explained, creating a black towel as well.

I looked ahead and spotted the lake Kisame was talking about. "Do you come here often?" I asked. "Just once in a blue moon." He replied as he took off his cloak and shirt. "Hmm..." I hummed to myself. "Is something wrong?" Kisame asked.

"I expected the lake to look dirty. But instead, it looks rather clean."

"Care to go first?"

"No."

"Suit yourself."

I gasped when Kisame pushed me from behind, making me splash into the water. I swam to the surface and coughed once I was out from underneath the water. "What the hell, Kisame?! I just said, I didn't want to go in!" I yelled at him.

Kisame chuckled. "Sorry, I guess I didn't hear you. You should've spoke louder." He said. "Bullshit, you fucking shark!" I snapped. Using my Dark Style jutsu, I created a black lasso and swung it towards Kisame. Once it was wrapped around his waist, I gave a hard pull, yanking Kisame into the lake with me.

"Now, we're even." I said, making the lasso disappear. "You're pretty strong." Kisame mentioned. "I know that." I said. I looked off to the side with a small frown. "What's wrong? You look upset?" Kisame asked with concern.

"I'm not upset." I said, quickly. "Well, something's obviously bothering you. Come on, what's the matter?" He asked. "Since when did you give a damn about me?" I asked, looking at him with a frown. He sighed.

"Look, Nue. I know it must feel weird to be around people you don't know. Especially when you think you're the only one who's different. But it's not that bad here, and you're not the one who's different. Just look at me, for example. Do you think a human would look like this?" Kisame said.

I held my arm as I gazed down at the water, noticing my reflection. "Well... You're half right on one hand." I mentioned, a bit quietly. "Huh?" He asked. I looked at him. "I... I just don't feel like I fit in this place; I feel out of place. I mean, I'm the only one who..." I trailed off as I gazed down at the water.

"The only one who looks like a freak." Kisame said, finishing my sentence. I continued to gaze at my reflection as it stared back at me. "Nobody thinks you're a freak, Nue." Kisame mentioned. "Then, what would you call someone who looks like... this?" I asked, looking at him.