Chapter 51: Giving Up One Life to Save Another

Sakon's POV

After retrieving Sasuke, we were heading back to the Sound Village. I narrowed my eyes as I felt a familiar chakra presence. "We're being followed." I informed. "Who is it?" Kidomaru asked. "It's that Nue girl." I said, annoyed.

"What should we do?" Jirobo asked. "You guys go on ahead. I'll deal with her." Tayuya said as she stoppped and stood on the branch. "Don't screw this up, Tayuya! We're counting on you!" I called. "That's my line, now get moving." Tayuya said as she waiting for Nue to come.

Nue's POV

I continued to run forward, trying to catch up with Sound Four. I quickly dodged a kunai knife and hid behind a tree. "You're pretty fast on your feet, Nue Houjuu." I heard a familiar voice say. "Tayuya." I said, bitterly as I peeked out from behind the tree.

I moved my eyes to the side. She's behind me. I quickly spun around and activated my kekkei genkai, trapping her in a genjutsu. I made a gun appear in my hand and aimed at her face. Before I could pull the trigger, Tayuya stabbed me in the arm.

I grunted in pain before leaping away from her. When did she get out of the genjutsu? I gasped and quickly began dodging her attacks as she tried to cut me with the kunai knife she had. Tayuya jumped up and kicked my arm so hard, it broke.

I leaped away from her again and glared at her while holding my broken arm. I took out my gun and shot at her multiple times. I quickly took out a kunai knife with a paper bomb attached to it and threw it at her. It landed in front of her as the paper bomb went off. 

"I think I got her." I murmured to myself. I turned around and bent down to pick up my weapon pouch that I had dropped. When I went to grab it, a hand emerged from the ground and grabbed my wrist. I gasped in shock and tried to take my wrist out of the hand's hold.

"I should've known. It was too easy." I said as Tayuya came out from the ground. "You didn't think I was that foolish, did you?" Tayuya smirked as she pressed her forehead against mine. I was still crouched down as Tayuya stood above me.

"This is the end for you, freak!" Tayuya flung me around and smashed me on the ground. I coughed up blood as my back made impact with the ground. But Tayuya wasn't done with me yet. She grabbed my wrist again, flung me up in the air, then smashed me on the ground again, this time, on my stomach.

When she let go of my wrist, I stayed there on the ground for a second. I struggled to get up until Tayuya stomped on my unbroken arm. I let out a sharp cry when I heard a crack, meaning my arm just broke. Then, I blacked out.

Tayuya's POV

I smirked as I stared at the unconscious girl in front of me. I grabbed her hair and lifted her off the ground so she was standing on her knees. "All that's left now is to kill her." I said. My hand reached for her throat until I saw Nue's eyes snap open.

I gasped as she quickly moved her head towards me and I felt my neck get cut. Nue jumped back, landing in a crouching position as she glared at me. I glared back at her as I raised my hand to my neck, feeling blood. How was she able to cut me?

I turned my attention back to Nue and noticed her holding a kunai knife in her mouth. So that's how she did it. I took out a kunai knife of my own and got in a guard stance. "Hope you're ready to die, freak." I said to her.

Nue kept glaring at me until she dashed forward. I took the knife that I had and stabbed her in the chest. Her eyes rolled back to the back of her head until her face turned into anger. What?! She's still conscious!

Nue moved her head towards me with the kunai knife still in her mouth. My eyes widened as I caught on to what she was doing. She was trying to cut my throat! I grabbed the back of her head with one hand and yanked her hair so she would move away from me, but she wouldn't budge.