Chapter 36: Megumi vs. Nue Pt. 1

Iri's POV

It was the day of the finals and I was sitting next to Ino. It's strange. Nue has been disappearing during the days lately. She wouldn't tell me or Maria where she was going. She would just say she's going out and just like that, she's gone.

I even noticed Nue sneaking out at night. "Way to go, Naruto!" I cheered. Naruto had just won his match against Neji. "All right. Next up is Megumi Kuro and Nue Houjuu Satori." Genma announced. "It's Nue's turn. Where is she?" Ino asked.

"I don't know. Sasuke hasn't arrived yet either." I noticed. Ino sat on the right of me while Maria sat on my left. "I still can't believe Nue-sama hasn't arrived yet. Do you think she's okay?" Maria asked. "I hope so." Ino said.

"Anko must be working her to the bone to be this late." I said. "Aah, Anko-san. You can imagine how scary she must be when she's training someone. Oh, how I'd love to see her face right now." Maria said as she began to blush while holding her face.

I'm starting to think Maria's a lesbian. "Come on! Start the match already!" People started to yell. "Uh-oh." I muttered. This crowd is getting pretty impatient. Where the hell is Nue? "Since the opponent is not here, this match is officially..." Genma paused when a swirl of fire appeared before of him.

When the fire dispersed... Nue and Anko were standing there! I noticed Nue's outfit was new. Instead of her normal attire, she wore what looked like a dark school uniform. She still wore her cloak, but it was a little shorter as it stopped her at thighs.

"Nue!" Ino and I cheered in sync. "Right on time." Maria said. I smiled at my sister, seeing how grown up she's gotten. 'Good luck, imouto' I thought.

Nue's POV

"You were cutting it pretty close there, Anko." The proctor said. "Yeah, sorry about that. There was a few things we had to take care of." Anko said. "Uh-huh. And this is..?" He asked, gesturing to me. "Nue. Nue Houjuu Satori." I answered.

"All right. My name is Genma, and I'll be your proctor. Your opponent is her." The proctor said, pointing to a girl. She had long brown hair and green eyes as she held a smirk on her face.

 She had long brown hair and green eyes as she held a smirk on her face

(Instead of her outfit looking like that, it looks like this)