Chapter 11: Nightmares and Bullies

I was running, trying to get away from dark figures that were chasing me. Who was chasing me? I didn't look back to find out. I was out of breath, but I kept running. The bandits stopped chasing me, so I slowed down. What's that smell? Is that smoke?

I looked towards the sky, spotting smoke floating into the air. That's coming from my house! I ran forward. When I reached my home, my eyes widened in terror. The castle was in flames! My family! Without thinking, I ran inside the burning castle.

"Iri! Okaa-san! Where are you?!" I called as I tried to see through the smoke. I coughed as I inhaled some smoke. I headed into the kitchen, covering my mouth and nose so I wouldn't inhale any more smoke. "Hey, can anyone hear me?!" I called.

There wasn't an answer. Just the sounds of flames flickering and wood falling from the roof. I screamed in horror, spotting Julia and Sharon. They were on the floor, not moving. I took a step forward, but stopped when my foot touched something wet.

In fear, my eyes slowly went to the floor. My eyes widened even more when I saw a pool of blood. The blood came from Julia and Sharon. What happened here? Who did this? "Nue, run away!" I looked up towards the stairs. "Okaa-san!" I called.

I ran up the stairs. I gasped when a piece of wood was about to fall on my head. Thankfully, my wings and tails blocked it. I kept running up the stairs and ran into the master bedroom. "Iri! Okaa-san! Somebody, please answer me!" I said, getting away from multiple fires around me.

I gasped when I found my mother and sister. Both of them were lying on the backs, their eyes wide open as blood ran from the corners of their mouths. "Onee-chan... Okaa-san..." I whispered. I pressed my hand over my mouth to keep myself from throwing up before falling to my knees.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I stared at my family's corpses. My tears dripped into their pool of blood. "Why..?" I whispered as I closed my eyes. I gasped slightly when I felt someone's chakra presence behind me. I slowly turned around.

I couldn't see them clearly due to the smoke. The only thing I could see was their golden eyes. I know I've seen those eyes before, but where? The dark figure chuckles as he took a step forward, causing me to take a small step back.

I gasped. "O... Orochimaru-san?" I said in disbelief. "You're finally mine!" He said with a dark smirk. His hand quickly grabbed my throat, causing me to scream in fear.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I clenched the sheets as I whimpered and thrashed around. My eyes refused to open. "Nue! Nue, wake up!" I heard Kiyoshi shout. I whimpered some more until I finally forced my eyes to open. I jolted up from the bed, panting and sweating.

"Nue, it'ssss all right! Calm down!" Kiyoshi hissed. I continue to pant, then sighed as I tried to calm myself down. I gentle placed my hand over my face with a sigh. "Are you all right?" Kiyoshi asked with concern. I shook my head, no.

"Nue?" Kiyoshi asked. I didn't respond. "It'ssss okay, kid. It wasss jussst a bad dream. That'sss all." Kiyoshi reassured me. "That was the worst nightmare I ever had." I said softly. "Would you like to talk about it?" He asked.

"No, thanks. I'm going to take a shower." I informed, getting out of bed. I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower before stepping inside the tub. I let the hot water run down my face, trying to forget about the disturbing dream.