Chapter 8: For Her Own Safety

Iri's POV

It's been two weeks since Nue's incident. I was afraid she would act like that again. I asked her about the incident the day after, but she said she doesn't recall anything. Right now, she was training with Julia. As for me, I was in the archives, looking for some information on Nue.

I went through the H's in the history section, looking for 'Houjuu'. I need to find out what she was and why her eyes were glowing. I love my imouto and I really want to help her. I continued to look through the section. After a while of searching, there was nothing.

I went through the whole 'H' section and I couldn't find 'Houjuu'. This doesn't make any sense. Why isn't Nue's name in here? I went over to a window and looked up at the sky. Some of the clouds were trying to block the sun.

I looked down towards the ground and gasped when I saw Nue running out of the castle, wearing a tan cloak. What the hell is she doing?! I ran out of the archives and out the front door. I jumped into the trees to keep myself hidden and to find out where Nue was going without her spotting me.

Where the hell is she going? Is she running away? I didn't want to call out to her because I wanted to find out where she was going. I masked my chakra so she wouldn't find me too quickly. After a few more minutes of chasing Nue, she began to slow down.

I stopped when I found myself in a flower field. This is where she wanted to go? This is why she ran off in such a hurry? I looked around the field, seeing it was filled with lilies, daisies, roses, etc. I sat on the branch as I watched Nue walk around the field.

She actually looks pretty relaxed. Nue sat down and started smelling a red rose. After she walked around for a bit, she stopped, fell back, and gazed at the sky. Her snake, Kiyoshi, slithered towards Nue and rested himself near her chest. 

Nue smiled at him before closing her eyes. I frowned at the snake. Why did Orochimaru give her that snake and how did he know snakes were her favorite animal? It's like he's been watching her this whole time... Has he been doing that?!?!

I looked down at Nue when she yawned. I wanted to go down there and ask her about her past. You know, like asking her where her last name, Houjuu, came from and if she had any siblings before she lived with us. Stuff like that.

I saw Nue's cloak move a bit, meaning her wings or tails moved. "Who's there? I can hear you." Nue said emotionlessly as her eyes were still closed. Crap! Did she notice me already? I didn't even unmask my chakra! I turned my head when I heard a bush rustle.

A man stepped out of the shadows, revealing himself. He had short black hair and brown eyes. He also had a sword attached to his back. "Who are you? What do you want?" Nue asked, lazily, her eyes still closed. "Are you Nue Houjuu?" He demanded.

"Who wants to know?" She asked emotionlessly. Her hand went to Kiyoshi and petted his head gently. Nue was completely unfazed by the ninja's presence. Why doesn't she do anything? "My name is Genshi. My master ordered me to claim you." He said calmly.

"Master?" Nue repeated, her voice still emotionless. "And who would that be?"

"That information is classified. Now, are you going to come with me willingly or will I have to take you by force?" Genshi said. His voice sounded like he regrets his mission. Nue sighed as she sat up and continued to pet her snake's head.

"If I don't go with you willingly, will you kill me?" Nue asked. "That's up to you." Genshi said as he took out his sword.

Nue emotionlessly blinked her red eyes before turning her head towards Genshi. "Sorry, but I don't plan on going with you. I guess that means we fight to each other, right?" Nue said as she stood to her feet. I took the opportunity to look at Genshi's headband. He's a Sound Ninja.