Chapter 38: Wake up, Gaara! Please?

Nue's POV

Ten minutes passed and Sasuke finally showed up. His outfit was new. He wore nothing but black. Though one of his hands were bandaged and his hair's gotten longer, too. "Took you long enough, Sasuke!" I called to him.

"You can't talk, Nue. You were late too." Shikamaru stated. I went all gloomy because he had a point. Sasuke looked towards me, then back at Genma. "Hey, Sasuke is fighting Gaara, right?" I asked. "He sure is. Believe it. " Naruto answered.

The match soon began. So far, the match was turning out amazing. I liked how Sasuke would get through Gaara's sand. He was fast, maybe faster than Kakashi. Keyword: maybe. As Sasuke broke through Gaara sand dome, Gaara began to scream, "BLOOD! IT'S MY BLOOD!"

If they weren't in the middle of a match right now, I'd go down there and see if Gaara was okay. But at the same time, I wanted to see how this would play out. I'll try not to get distracted by the feathers around me. Wait, feathers?

"Naruto, are you seeing this?" I asked. I looked to my side and saw him asleep along with Shikamaru. This is a genjutsu. "Release!" The feathers bounced off me and I ran to where Kakashi-sensei was. "Kakashi-sensei, what's happening?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." He said "Nue, you and Sakura go wake up Naruto and Shikamaru." Kakashi said. I nodded my head and Sakura and I got to work. We undid the genjutsu on them and they slowly began to wake up. Well, except for Shika.

I lifted my head and narrowed my eyes. Something didn't feel right. "Hey! Where are you going?" Sakura called after me as I ran off. I spotted Kiba as he was lying face first on the ground. "Kiba!" I ran over to him and flipped him on his back.

"Kiba. Hey, are you okay?" I asked. He was unconscious. Someone did this to him, but who? I looked towards the arena as I saw Sasuke follow Gaara. "What is he doing?" I demanded before following him.

"Nue, hold up!" Iri called as she and Maria followed me. "Where are you going?" She asked. "I have a bad feeling Sasuke's going to do something bad to Gaara. I've got to stop him." I informed. "Count us in." Iri replied.

"No, I want you guys to go back and find some shelter. I don't want you guys getting hurt." I argued. "That's not up to you, Nue. It's our choice and you can't make us change our minds." Iri argued back. "Okay, fine. You win. But we've got to hurry." I said and the three of us continued to follow Sasuke.

"Look out!" Iri warned. I looked to the side and saw kunai knives being thrown at us. Maria got in front of us and created a shield, making the weapons bounce off of it. "Maria!" Iri and I said in sync. Sound ninja appeared out of nowhere and Maria began to fight them all.

"Iri-sama! Nue-sama! Please go on ahead! I can handle this!" Maria called before kicking a Sound ninja away from her. "But-" I started. "Please, don't argue about this! Just go! Now!" She yelled. "Nue, let's go. We have to trust her." Iri said as she tugged my arm.

I took one last look at Maria before going on ahead with Iri. But we lost track of Sasuke. We continued to follow the path until we finally caught up to Sasuke and found Gaara. But Gaara was different. One side of him was monster-like as it was covered in sand.

"Gaara!" I called to him. He looked at me and growled. "No, Nue! Get out of here!" Sasuke called to me as he was lying on his stomach with Naruto by his side. "He's right! Listen to him! You can't stop him!" Temari said. 

"Where's Sakura?" I asked Naruto. "She's over there!" He pointed at a tree, where Sakura was pinned by sand. "Iri, go help Sakura. I'll deal with Gaara." I told her.

"How? He's... He's gone insane!"

"I'll try and reason with him."

"Are you sure?"