Chapter 17: How Do You Know Me?

Sasuke's POV

We continued to walk on the empty path in silence. I looked over at Naruto as he carried Nue on his back. I narrowed my eyes at her cloak. Why does she keep it on? Does she ever take it off? Nue's peaceful sleeping face soon became a face of anger. 

"You bastard..." She muttered, angrily in her sleep. Nue's hands clenched Naruto's shoulder. A little bit too tightly because Naruto winced. "Ow! Nue-chan, that hurt." He said as he looked back at her. "I'll kill you. You'll pay." Nue said, angrily.

I raised a brow at her. Is she having a nightmare? "I'll kill you... I'll kill you." Nue said in her sleep. It didn't sound like she was having a nightmare. Actually, more like a disturbing dream. Naruto looked back at Nue with worry. "Nue-chan, are you all right?" Naruto asked.

"I trusted you... You lied to me. You bastard... You killed them. You killed them." Nue continued to say. "I'll kill you!" She screamed out of anger. Nue took out her kunai knife and stabbed Naruto's shoulder. "Ow!" Naruto dropped her, making her land on the ground with a soft thud.

"What happened?" Kakashi said as he looked back at us to see what was going on. "Naruto dropped Nue." I stated. "She stabbed me!" Naruto objected. I looked back at Nue as she stayed asleep. Her kunai knife was still gripped in her hand as laid there on the ground.

Naruto and I just stared at her, waiting for her to do something. I decided to make a move and kneeled down in front of her. "Nue?" I said. She didn't budge. I was afraid to touch her because I didn't want her stabbing me with that knife of hers.

"Nue," I tried again. Nue's eyes slowly opened and blinked twice before yawning. "What happened?" Nue asked. When she realized she was on the ground, she shot Naruto a deadpanned look. "Naruto, why am I on the ground? Did you drop me?" Nue asked him.

"I had to drop you! You stabbed me!" Naruto objected. Nue gasped before quickly going over to him, abandoning the kunai in her hand. "Oh no, you're bleeding!" Nue said out of worry. "Yeah, I know. You stabbed me in your sleep." Naruto repeated.

"I'm so sorry, Naruto! Please forgive me! I didn't know I could do something like that in my sleep!" She apologized. I stared at her as she reached into her bag and took out some medical equipment. "Here, let me help you." Nue offered.

She took off Naruto's jacket and shirt and began to clean his wound. Once she was done with that, she wrapped his shoulder with bandages. "There. That should help prevent infection." Nue explained. Naruto moved his shoulder around, testing it.

"Wow. Thanks, Nue-chan. You're awesome." Naruto said with a smile. Nue bowed her head apologetically. "I'm very sorry, Naruto. I honestly don't know what came over me. I guess I was having a dream about fighting someone." She excused.

"Don't worry about it, Nue-chan. It was an accident." Naruto said, forgiving her. Nue kept her head down, deeply sorry for what she's done. "Just what exactly were you dreaming about?" I asked her. "Um... fighting, maybe?" Nue guessed, sounding a bit unsure about her answer.

"You're shaking," I stated. Nue quickly hugged herself, trying to stop herself from shaking. "I'm fine. Really. I'm just a bit... tired. Yeah, that's all. I'm not exactly a morning person." Nue admitted with a fake smile.

"Then, why are you still shaking?" I asked as I gently touched her shoulder. "I said, I'm fine!" She snapped before quickly shoving me away. Nue quickly began walking in front of the group again. I wonder what she was dreaming about?

Whatever it was, it really seemed to give her the impression that Naruto was a bad guy or something. She even stabbed him. Why was she saying those things like, "I'll kill you." and "You'll pay."? What was she talking about? Actually, who was she talking about?