Chapter 53: Getting To Know The Artist

Nue's POV

I yawned slightly as I started to wake up. What happened earlier? Oh, that's right. I fell asleep on Deidara. I realized I was laying against something warm. It felt comforting. I buried my face in the warmth and opened my eyes. Holy shit! I'm snuggling Deidara's chest!

I leaped off the bed and pressed my back against the wall, waiting for my heart to stop pounding against my chest. I looked at Deidara and noticed he was asleep. "What time is it?" I asked, then looked at the clock as it read 11:30 PM. 

That means everyone in the base is asleep. I sighed and left the room, walking down the hall. I went into the living room, noticing it was empty. "What do you think you're doing?" I glanced behind me as Kakuzu stood there.

"I'm just walking around. Are you fucking following me?" I said, sarcastically. "I'm just making sure you don't do something stupid, and if you don't watch that foul mouth of yours, I'll be sending you to the afterlife." Kakuzu warned.

"Go fuck yourself." I said, coldly. Kakuzu glared at me. "Leader said you were going to be handful." He said before walking off. I rolled my eyes and went outside the base. I found a secluded spot and sat down, cross-legged as I began to meditate.

(Morning) Deidara's POV

"Hey, brat. Wake up." I heard Sasori-danna say. I opened my eyes and looked at him. "What is it, danna?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. "What are you doing in the kid's room?" He asked with a frown. I sat up. "I went to check on her. She fell asleep, and I kind of stayed with her. I guess I fell asleep, too, un." I explained.

I noticed Nue wasn't in the bed. "Hey, where'd she go?" I asked. "She must've gotten up. Go look for her." Sasori said. "Huh? Why do I have to do it, un?" I complained. "Because last time I checked, you're the one who said you wanted to get to know her better." He stated.

I blushed with a frown. "All right, all right. I'll go look for her, un." I said. I exited the room and went to the living room to see if Nue was there. I looked around and she wasn't there. "Hey, Itachi. Have you seen Nue?" I asked, in which he shook his head.

"You might wanna check outside. Maybe she took a morning walk." Kisame guessed. I walked out of the base and did some looking around. "Nue!" I called out. No answer. I walked a bit firther away from the base and found Nue in a secluded spot.

She sat cross-legged as her eyes were closed. "Nue, are you okay, un?" I asked as I walked over to her. She didn't answer as she continued to sit there. My hand reached for her shoulder to shake her awake.

"Unless you want to die, get your hand away from me." Nue said before opening her eyes. "Have you been out here all night, un?" I asked as I withdrew my hand. "Yes, I couldn't sleep." she said before standing up. I glanced at her wings and tails.

"They're a lot bigger than I remember, yeah." I mumbled. Nue raised a brow at me. "Uh, I mean your wings and tails. They've grown, un." I said. She stared at me with no emotion. "Why were you looking for me?" She demanded.  

"I was just concerned of where you were, un." I admitted. "Whatever. Let's just head back to the base." Nue said as she began to walk away. Is she always this cold? She wasn't born that way, was she? "Hey, wait up!" I called, catching up to her.

"What's gotten you in such a bad mood this morning? Did you have a nightmare or something?" I asked. "I don't sleep." Nue stated. "Hey, how old are you?" I asked. "Twelve. I'll be thirteen in two months." She answered.

She jumped over a tree that was knocked over and kneeled down to pet a snake. "You like snakes, un?" I asked. "I love them." Nue said with a small smile. "You love snakes. Yet, you despise a snake like Orochimaru?" I said, trying to figure something out.