Getting a Dog

"Dani!" Justin yelled. I went to the front of the shop to see why my big headed brother needed me.
     "Yo." I said.
     "Ready to go get a dog?" Dave said. My eyes lit up.
     "Yes!" I said. I ran to Dave's white GMC and jumped in the passenger seat. Justin waved at me while Chuck made kissy faces.
     "What kind of dog are you wanting to get?" He asked.
     "I don't know! Maybe like a pit bull or a Rottweiler or something." I said. I'm a big dog person.
     "I think you should get a pit. Badass dog for a badass girl." Dave said, making me laugh.
     "Pitbull it is!" I said. We made it to the pet store and Dave walked around to my side and opened the door.
     "Such a gentleman." I said.
     "I try." He said. We walked in and there were animals everywhere. I loved it! I grew up with some crazy animals. We made it to the puppy area and I saw a pit that caught my eye immediately. He was a black one with one white ear. I looked at Dave who was smiling at me.
     "That the one?" He asked. I nodded my head and walked over to the dog. I read his info on his paper. He didn't have a name. He was a year old. Found in a puppy mill. He almost didn't make it.
     "How could someone be so cruel?" I asked. The puppy locked my fingers and barked playfully. One of the workers came over and asked if I needed any help and she got the puppy out for me. He was $300 and as I was getting my money out Dave sat his money on the counter.
     "What? No, I'm paying." I said, looking up at Dave. He smiled.
     "Too late, I already did." I tried to grab the money but Dave grabbed me and pulled me behind him and held me back. I walked out to the truck with my new buddy and Dave.
     "You know what we forgot? Leash and collar and stuff." I said, can't believing I was so stupid.
     "Look in the back seat." Dave said. I looked back and saw a little basket. I put it in my lap and opened it. Inside was a red collar and red leash to match. Along with some treats and food dishes.
     "Dave, you didn't have to do that." I said looking at him.
      "I wanted to." He said.
     "Come here," I said, giving Dave a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The puppy barked, getting jealous.
     "What should I name you?" I asked, looking at him. "How bout Goliath?" I asked.
      "That's a good name, he looks like he's gonna be a big boy." Dave said.
     "Since you paid you do know he is our dog?" I asked, laughing.
     "so I get weekends?" Dave joked.

This is just a filler leading up to race night and to let Dani and Dave get some bonding time together. I hope you enjoyed!