Heartbreaker VS. Sonoma

We made it to a good road and I got into my black and red fire suit. Since my hair is long I leave it tucked in until after a race.
     "Y'all gonna flip?" Justin asked.
     "Nah, I'll let her pick her lane." Dave said.
     "You like her." Chuck coughed, making Dave go red faced and Justin laugh a little. I pretended like I didn't hear, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.
     "Left lane." I picked. We got in our vehicles and drove to the starting line. I put my helmet on and watched Justin as he lined us up. He looked back before he ran back and banged the light on. I quickly floored my gas and the front end of my car came up a bit, but didn't mess me up. I could see the Sonoma next to my car and he got a little squirrelly and swirved to me a bit and he ended up pedaling it and I crossed the line first.
     "Now that was a race!" Chuck cheered as we drove back. He gave me a hug and picked me up, jumping up and down.
     "Alright, put me down." I laughed. Dave came up and gave me a side hug.
     "You really handed my ass to me back there." He said, looking down at me. I laughed. "Usually people slam the brakes if they see a car coming at them."
     "I trusted you enough not to hurt me or my car, you're too good of a driver to let a little pot hole get to ya." I said.
     "Thanks."
     "Well, looks like you're driving the Sonoma now, Daddy Dave!" Justin said.
     "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know." Dave said.
     We headed back to the shop and just hung out the rest of the night. I was laying down on my creeper and Dave got Justin's creeper.
     "Justin!" I called.
     "Yes, my dearest sister that I love so much." Justin said.
     "Can I get a dog?" I asked. I needed a little shop companion.
     "Why?" He asked.
     "I need a shop buddy. Someone who will actually listen to me. Someone who will actually help me. Someone to drive around town with because you never want to."
     "You just described Dave. He can be your dog, just gotta get a leash." Chuck joked.
     "Everybody's got jokes." Dave said, throwing a washer at Chuck.
     "I'm not going anywhere to help you find a dog." Justin said.
     "See what I mean! If I had a dog it would want to go with me." I whined.
     "Shoot, I'll go with ya, Dani." Dave said, rolling his creeper to me so our heads were almost touching.
     "Okay!" I laughed as we bumped foreheads. For me being 26 years old I was such a child.
     "Y'all should race the creepers." Shawn said.
     "You're going down!" I said to Dave as I rolled to where the driveway met the garage. "To the end of the driveway." I said. We rolled pretty fast trying to beat each other when I hit a bump and fell off my creeper. I rolled and then started running, but Dave had already beaten me.
     "Shoulda put money on it." He said.
     "Y'all are gonna be a competitive couple." Chuck said.
     "Couple?" Justin repeated.
     "Duo." Chuck restated.