CHAPTER 5

"Dei? Thank God you're finally awake! Are you okay? Please tell me you are okay! Masasakal ako ni Papa Uno at nina Tito at Tita sa nangyaring ito...." Valerie was beyond herself with worry.

Dei groggily opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was Valerie's worried face.

"Anong nangyari?" Dei asked her assistant weakly while looking around what looked like a camping tent that they were in. She gingerly tried to sit up from the make shift bed by propping her elbows up to support her weight. She stopped moving when she felt a stinging pain on her right forearm which to her surprise was covered in bandage.

Dei suddenly remembered the incident at the ledge and tried to get up again.

"Wag ka muna tumayo baka mahilo ka! " Valerie admonished her and gently put pressure on her shoulders to force her to lie down again on the sleeping bag. Dei continued to try to look beyond the opening of the tent as if searching for something or someone.

"Val, nasaan sya?" Dei distractedly asked Valerie which made her assistant stare at her in confusion.

"Sinong sya? Sino ba ang hinahanap mo?" Her assistant asked completely clueless as to whom she was referring to.

"Yung lalaking nagligtas sa akin kanina sa may bangin! Nasaan sya? I was not able to thank him for saving my life..." Dei tried to lift her head again to try to look behind Valerie.

Valerie was looking at her strangely like she was either delusional or going crazy.

"Sinong lalaki? Baka guni-guni mo lang yun o nanaginip ka? Huy! Teka baka naman nabagok ulo mo at nahihibang ka na? Pero wala naman kaming nakitang sugat or bukol sa ulo mo kanina, ah..." Valerie said while inspecting her head again.

"Hindi ako nahihibang, Val! May lalaki talaga kanina sa may bangin..." Dei swatted Valerie's hand that is inspecting her head and looked incredulously at her friend. Valerie sighed exasperatedly.

"Dei, we found you alone and unconscious sa gilid ng bangin at may sugat ang braso. Ano bang nangyari kasi syo? Did someone or something attack you? Sabi kasi sa iyo wag ka umalis mag-isa! Papatayin mo talaga ako sa nerbiyos, eh!" Valerie worriedly said while still continuously checking her all over for any other possible injuries.

"No! A man was with me a while ago by the ledge. He caught me when I accidentally slipped on the rocks. Di ko sya guni-guni. Naramdaman ko nung saluhin nya ako!" Dei insisted vehemently.

"Okay, fine! Kalma lang! Siguro nga may kasama ka nga kanina pero wala na siya by the time na nakita ka naming sa may bangin nina Manong Jimmy. Mag-isa ka na lang noon na nakahiga sa damuhan at walang malay. At kung may kasama ka man kanina, bakit ka naman niya iniwan mag-isa sa kalagayan mo? Buti na lang at parang may bumulong sa akin na sundan ka kung hindi baka kung ano na ang nangyari sa iyo." Valerie said lengthily.