CHAPTER 75

"Val!!! Yung kilig ko tumatagos sa bone marrow! Di ko sya kinakaya, bes!" Dei lamented as they sat facing each other on her bed. She has just received a text message from RJ saying that he is just 15 minutes away from her building and that he is so looking forward to this trip.

"Bes, kalmahan mo lang baka himatayin ka at lalo pang mapurnada ang lakad nyo na ito! Pero di ko rin kinakaya si Sir RJ, ah! Iba sya!" Val gushed as they bounce up and down on the bed, both unable to contain their giddiness.

It's been a week already since their dinner by the beach. RJ made sure to keep their communication constant from then on despite their busy schedules. He would text her good morning messages and some random "how are you" and "hope you're having a great day" throughout the day and then would call her at night to talk about how their day went or any topic that they can think off until the wee hours of the morning. He would also send her food at her office almost everyday to the delight of Val and their staff who benefit from these instant "pafiesta".

"Wala na ba akong nakalimutan? Baka may maiwan ako sa sobrang excitement ko!" She asked while checking her backpack. She has just finished packing her things for her and RJ's mountaineering trip.

"Girl, keri na yan dala mo! I'm sure di mo masyadong kakailanganin ng kung ano pa man since magkasama na kayo ni Sir RJ. Sya lang sapat na!" Val laughingly answered. Dei hit her with a pillow.

"Adik ka talaga, bes!" She retorted as they laugh out loud.

Their jolly banter was interrupted then by the loud ringing of the doorbell. Val sprang up immediately from the bed and headed out of her room to open the main door. Dei on the other hand glanced back at her vanity mirror to check herself one last time before picking up her bag from the bed and followed Val to their living room.

"Good morning, Dei." He greeted her with a radiant smile that she can't help but return.

"Good morning din, RJ. Would you like some coffee first before we leave?" She offered.

"I'm good. Magdrive thru na lang siguro tayo along the way para di tayo tanghaliin sa daan if that's okay with you?" He asked back.

"That's fine with me. So, let's go? Magpaalam na ko kay Val.." She said as she called Val from the kitchen to tell her that they are leaving. Val returned with a mug of coffee in her hand.

"Have a safe trip, lovebirds! Ingatan mo itong beshie ko, Sir RJ. Iuwi mo sya ng buo kung hindi lagot ka sa akin! Ay, teka! On the contrary, kahit pala di mo na buo ibalik basta ikaw, Sir RJ." Val said which made her eyes widen in indignation.

"Val! Pinagsasasabi mo dyan?! Nakakahiya ka!" She exclaimed which just made her friend giggle. RJ moved closer to her and said:

"Don't worry, Val. I'll take good care of Dei. Hindi ko hahayaang masaktan sya habang kasama nya ako. Iingatan ko sya." RJ answered while naughtily wiggling his eyebrows at her. She blushed.

"Isa ka pa! Umalis na nga tayo." She said then kissed Val goodbye. They left the building and he guided her towards his black GMC that is parked on the other side of the road in front of her condo. He assisted her to the passenger seat before going around the vehicle to the driver's seat. He started the engine before he turned to her with a huge grin.

"Finally, kasama na kita uli! I missed you, Dei!" RJ said, looking at her happily. He then stared driving towards the highway, his smile plastered on his handsome face.

"Miss ka dyan! Gabi gabi kaya tayong magkausap sa phone. Echosero ka talaga!" She retorted. She looked out the window to hide the blush on her cheeks caused by his words.

"Dei, totoo kaya yung sinabi ko. I miss you. Iba pa rin kasi yung physical na makasama kita kesa sa phone lang. Imagine! One week din yun! Sorry. Kung di lang talaga ako busy this past days..."He answered with a hint of guilt.

"RJ, bakit ka nag-aapologize? Sobrang ramdam ko kaya ang presence mo sa mga texts mo pa lang. Biruin mo, morning, day time at gabi ka halos magtext! Alam ko naman na marami kang ginagawa. You have hospital work at may studies at business ka pa on the side..." She glanced at him.

"Kahit na! I still feel guilty na di man lang kita nadalaw this week. Kung pwede nga lang na tumambay na lang ako maghapon sa office mo or kung saan man ang location ng shoots mo, ginawa ko na. Gusto ko lagi kitang nakikita. For me kasi, giving my time to someone is a  show of how much I value that person..." He explained with a pout.

"Okay, fine! Sige na di na tayo bati kasi di ka nagpakita the whole week! Ibaba mo na ako dyan sa tabi kasi galit ako sa'yo. Ano?" She blurted with raised eyebrows and her arms crossed in front of her. RJ glanced at her in surprise.

"Huy! Wag naman! Sorry na!" He immediately answered before grabbing her hand with his free hand as he continue to drive. She burst into giggles and patted his hand on hers reassuringly.

"RJ, kalma! Grabe sa reaction. Joke lang yun. Hindi ako ganun. Ang creepy naman nung para kang anino na nakasunod sa akin lagi. Sabi ko nga sa iyo okay lang sa akin. I'm not the type of person na magdedemand ng time unreasonably. Besides, we are still getting to know each other. We don't have any commitment to each other. Di mo ako girlfriend para magdemand ako ng kung anu ano..." She reasoned out.

"Gusto mo ba?" He suddenly asked.

"H-huh?"

"Would you like to be my girlfriend, Dei?"