CHAPTER 64

"You did what, bro??!!!"

The look on Kris' face was so comical and priceless if only the story he was retelling is not about Dei. RJ ruffled his hair in frustration.

After leaving Dei's condo unit, RJ immediately called Kris and asked him if he could come over to his place to talk. He drove straight to Kris' house and they settled in his veranda with a beer bottle each as he retold his friend the things that transpired between him and Dei earlier.

"I know, Kris! Di mo na kailangang ipamukha sa akin kasi ako mismo kanina pa gustong iumpog ang sarili kong ulo sa manibela habang nagdadrive ako papunta dito...pero bro alam mo naman kung ano ginawa sa akin ni Anne, di ba? You know how I feel about people making up stories just to get their way with others. I've been burned before and ayoko nang mangyari ulit yun sa akin.." He told Kris while staring at the half-empty beer bottle in front of him.

"RJ, you of all people should know that no two people are the same. Hindi lahat ng babae ay kagaya ni Anne...don't compare every girl you meet or date to her. It's not fair. Don't dwell in the past. Limang taon na ang nakakaraan mula ng mangyari lahat yun. Move on na, bro. Give yourself the chance to love again because you deserve that. I can tell that you like Dei. Huwag mong sayangin yung opportunity to get to know her better now just because you have unresolved issues with another girl before her. Yes, sobrang weird ng mga revelations nya pero as a psychologist ikaw dapat ang mas nakakaintindi na possibleng may explaination sa mga kinuwento nya. Think about it, bro." Kris advised him. His best friend's words just made RJ feel much worst than what he was already feeling earlier.

"Aghh, Kris! I messed up. Paano ko makakabawi kay Dei? Hindi ko naman sinasadya, nabigla lang talaga ako. She asked me to leave and she won't even agree to seeing me again tomorrow para makapag-usap kami ng maayos. How can I make it up to her? Di ko na alam ano gagawin ko." He asked frustratedly.

"Bro, mukhang tinamaan ka talaga kay Dei. Ganito na lang...uwi ka muna sa unit mo. Pag-isipan mo muna yung case nya. What could be the possible explanation sa sinabi nya syo? Hanggang di mo kasi mawork out yun malabo pa rin ang situation nyong dalawa. Once that's settled that's the time that you decide if you want to continue to pursue her or you move on. For now yun muna ang maipapayo kong gawin mo." Kris said as he tap his shoulder comfortingly.

RJ sighed deeply before lifting the bottle in front of him and gulping down the remaining liquid in one go. He set it down the now empty bottle with a thud on the table again before he abruptly stood up.

"Thanks for the time, bro. Itulog ko muna ito. Baka sakaling makuha ko ang sagot paggising ko. Alis na ko." He told Kris dejectedly. They did their bro handshake then he left to go home.

Once he got to his own condo unit, RJ walked towards purposefully and then slumped on his sofa. He leaned back on the sofa and laid down his head on the back rest. He stared up the ceiling as he contemplated on the things that happened earlier.

RJ can't believe how a day he was so excited about just hours ago turned to one that he would want to forget. He started the day planning things that he and Dei could do together once he fetches her at her office for their dinner date. Now he is alone in his unit and she is upset with him. He closed his eyes as he try to blot out the hurtful words he said to her earlier.

Then RJ became aware of strange sounds around him. He can hear and even feel a gentle breeze and wondered if he left the windows open before he left his unit earlier. He abruptly opened his eyes to check.

He was startled to discover that he is no longer on his sofa. Instead he is standing near the ledge again of the same mountain where he first saw Dei.

"Okay, nananaginip na naman ako...bakit ba lagi na lang akong nasa bundok na ito?" He thought as he roam his eyes around the area. Then his sight were drawn towards his clothes.

"Okay, may change costume pa sa panaginip? Para akong rabbi dito sa suot ko..." He thought as he touched the material of the tunic he is wearing.

Then he heard a gasp.

He turned and saw a petite woman falling from a higher outcropping of rocks. She looked very familiar. He did not think twice and just took off to catch the woman.

Richard leaped out towards the woman as she free-falls down the ravine. His arms caught her flailing body and hugged her towards his chest to secure her. Then he slowly glided down towards the grassy area of the ledge when he was sure he got her.

"Iba rin itong panaginip ko! Ngayon naman para akong superhero na nakakalipad!" He said to himself as he held on to the woman firmly as they glide towards the ledge.

When his feet touched the ground, Richard peered at the woman to check if she is okay. That's when he realized who he actually saved. The woman looked up at him with bewildered eyes.

"Dei..."

RJ bolted up from the sofa and it took him almost a minute to get back to reality. When he finally did, he sat up and put his head on both his hands, combing through his hair. It was just a dream...again.

He leaned back on the sofa to recapture the salient parts of the dream: the mountain... jumping... flying...Dei.

"Anong ibig sabihin ng panaginip ko?"