CHAPTER 44

"Pasensya ka na kina lola,ah. Sana di ka nakulitan sa kanila kanina sa lunch." RJ said as they walk back to the resort after their meal with his grandparents.

"Uy! Hindi kaya! Ang sweet nga nila,eh! They really love you, you know? Parang super close nyong tatlo...Namiss ko tuloy bigla ang family ko. Lalo na ang abuela ko." She shared with a wistful smile. RJ smiled back at her.

"Ang gaan talaga niyang kasama. Ang expressive ng eyes nya...ang ganda din ng smile nya..."He thought as he discreetly stare at her while they walked abreast slowly on the pathway.

"Well, laki kasi ako sa kanila. Dito na ako nagkaisip sa farm. I try to come home as often as my schedule would permit it para makasama sila. Buti na lang kahit papaano nalilibang sila dito sa farm at sa resort." He shared freely.

And that made him wonder. Its been a while since he opened up to someone about his family. And he is quite surprised with himself that he is doing it now with an almost complete stranger.

"Talaga?! Ang saya sigurong lumaki sa ganitong lugar noh?! Ako rin laking probinsya. Sa Bulacan kami kaya lang wala kaming ganitong farm. Si Nanay busy sa business so di kami masyadong nagkakasama para magbonding pero kapag bakasyon naman bumabawi siya. Lagi kaming nagbabakasyon pag Christmas. Teka, nasaan nga pala parents mo?" He can clearly discern her happy disposition in her tone and story. But her last question threw a dark veil on his mood. He grew silent. Dei caught on to his mood shift when she turned to him and she immediately apologized.

"I-i'm sorry, feeling close ako. Di ako dapat magtanong ng personal stuff. You don't have to answer that..." She hastily said and reached out but stopped before touching him. He sighed.

"I-It's okay. But if you don't mind I' d rather not talk about it...halika na baka kailangan ka na sa set." He answered dismissively and walked ahead. He did not see Dei follow him with a contrite look on her face.

When they got back to the garden, he immediately excused himself with an alibi that he had to take care of something at the farm. He was just able to take a step when he felt her hand on his bicep so he turned back towards her.

"Sir RJ, I'm really sorry..." She uttered with a guilty look on her face. He felt a tug at his heart at her expression. He fought the strong urge to pull her in for a hug just to let her know that she is not at fault.

"No, you do not have to apologize. It's not you. I just have some issues that I haven't resolved with myself yet...Sorry but I really need to go..." RJ answered with difficulty. He is not yet ready to face these emotions that this woman is awakening in him. He needs to regroup.

He went back to the farm and entered his office there. He sank down on a swivel chair and let his head fall back to the backrest with a loud sigh.

"Ano ba talaga meron ang babaeng yun? Bakit naaapektuhan nya ako ng ganito katindi...hay, Dei!" He sighed again, feeling exhausted and closed his eyes.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a forest clearing, seated on the ground beside a shallow stream. He looked around him, surprised.

"Anong ginagawa ko dito? Nasa office ako...teka! Sa bundok to, ah..." He thought still looking around the familiar surroundings wondering how he got there.

Then he heard a soft, familiar laugh and looked down at his lap. He was surprised to see Dei lying on the grass beside him, her head on his lap, eyes closed and gigling. He is again mesmerized by the sound of her laughter.

"Iba talaga ang dating sa akin ng tawa nya...ang sarap lang pakinggan..." He thought absentmindedly as he gaze at her face. He stared at her for a few more seconds before his gaze left her face to move towards her neck down to her shoulder. Then he was again take aback.

He discovered that his fingers were on her exposed shoulder caressing it which was the reason she was softly chuckling. Surprised, he took his hand away as if scalded which made her open her eyes and look up at him questioningly.

"Bakit, Richard? May problema ba?" She asked immediately, her eyes full of concern. He stared intently at her doe eyes in wonder. He could drown in her eyes with the flow of emotions he can see there. It's like she opened her soul to him, holding nothing back.

"Wag mo kong tignan ng ganyan, Dei...baka di ko mapigilan ang sarili ko..." He thought while biting his tongue to prevent himself from blurting the words out. Instead he said:

"Wala, Dei...sana lagi tayong ganito. Sana nandito ka lang lagi kasama ko..." He answered sincerely. And surprisingly, he realized that's how he really felt at that moment. He is happy that she is there with him, spending moments like this with him.

She bestowed him with a radiant smile that seemed to brighten the whole forest clearing. He smiled back at her and their gazes locked.

RJ found himself unable to resist again the invisible pull that she has on him. He slowly lowered his head towards hers. She on the other hand slowly closed her eyes and waited.

Then he heard a phone ringing.

He woke up with a start. He sat up straighter and looked around him. He's back at his office.

"Panaginip lang pala.." He thought dejectedly.

He must have dozed off on the chair. He heard the sound again and realized that it was his cellphone that was ringing. He took out his phone and checked. It was Kris calling.

"Hello, Kris? Napatawag ka?" He asked.

"Hello, RJ! Nagkayayaan ang barkadang lumabas mamayang gabi sa dating tambayan. Pwede ka ba?" Kris asked back. He rested his back on the chair again.

"Sorry, bro. Pass muna ako dyan. Nandito ako ngayon sa Laguna. May guests kami sa resort the whole weekend at wala si Mama Ten para mag-asikaso sa kanila so pinauwi muna ako uli nina lola dito to attend to them." He explained.

"Aww, ganun ba? Sayang naman kasi kaya pa naman sana tayo lalabas mamaya dahil may ipapakilala sana sa'yo si Rod na chick. Model daw, bro!" Kris said excitedly on the other end of the line. He just laughed softly, shaking his head.

"Haha...sorry bro. Like I said pass muna ko dyan. Bakit ba kasi ayaw nyo akong tigilan ni Rod dyan sa match-making efforts nyo?" He laughingly asked.

"Bro, di ka talaga namin titigilan hangga't di ka nagkakagirlfriend ulit. Sayang naman ang kagwapuhan mo kung ibuburo lang dyan sa farm nyo or sa opisina mo. Kailangan mo ng social life, bro! Akala nga namin pasado na si Dei sa iyo..." RJ just let Kris continue to babble on but when he heard Dei's name he suddenly interrupted Kris' monologue.

"Ahm, bro...speaking of Dei. By some weird coincidence, sila ang guests namin dito sa resort for a magazine photoshoot. Kasama nya si Valerie and their team dito until tomorrow ..." He informed his friend.

"Really?! Wow, baka sign na yan, bro!" Kris exclaimed.

"Sign ng ano? Ikaw Kris kung anu ano na naman mga sinasabi mo!" He chided his friend.

"Sign na magkakalovelife ka na uli! Kung ako syo bro get to know her. Who knows. She might be it for you." Kris argued emphatically.

"I don't know, bro. I have this weird feeling about her that I just can't point my finger on." He answered, remembering the dream.