CHAPTER 47

"May chance kaya na ako na yun?"

Dei thought that is what he said but she is not completely sure for she was laughing like there's no tomorrow that moment.

That somehow sobered her up a bit. She is already starting to feel tipsy because of the amount of alcohol she consumed and from exhaustion from the early start at work that day. She is afraid to confirm with him though so she just stared at him to try to find answers on his face.

"B-bakit ganyan ka makatingin?" He asked her looking self-conscious himself. She debated with herself if she is going to verify what she heard or ignore it. Her curiosity as well as her hopia heart won though so she swallowed hard before asking:

"P-parang may tinanong ka sa akin kanina kaya lang di ko naintindihan mabuti kasi busy akong humalakhak...a-ano nga uli yun?" She asked carefully. His eyes widened as he stared back at her. He also seemed to go paler if that is even possible considering his complexion is almost white as snow.

"H-ha?! A-ano...ang tanong ko lang may chance ba na nakakilala na tayo dati? I often have this feeling kasi na parang nakakwentuhan na kita dati na gaya nito kaya parang ang dali para sa akin na magsabi syo ng mga bagay na di ko makwento sa ibang tao." He answered with an embarrassed expression. Now its her turn to go pale.

"Hala! ? Posible kaya na may naalala na sya? Pero paano kung ginugoodtime lang ako nito? Anong isasagot ko?" She internally panicked. She knew she is a poor liar so she decided to mask the truth in a joke.

"Huh? Saan naman tayo magkakakilala dati? Baka naman sa p-panaginip? Dream girl daw kasi ako sabi nila..." Her lame joke making her cringe. He just chuckled softly at that.

"Baka nga...hahaha! Although di ko alam na nagiging corny ka rin pala pag nakainom ka. Last glass mo na yan,ha!" He answered with a laugh. She secretly breathed a sigh of relief. Then she pouted.

"Grabe ka sa akin! Ang sama mo...di na kita bati!" She retorted with a deep pout as she crossed her arms on her chest.

He was still chuckling after she said that but his expression suddenly changed when he turned towards her then stared at her lips. She became nervous again at the manner he is staring at her and she bit her lower lip self-consciously.

His gaze moved from her lips to her eyes then back to her lips again. Then she saw him swallow hard. Her heart rate doubled at the intensity she can see on his hazel eyes.

"Grabe, heart! Paano kumalma? Hahalikan ba nya ako?! Juicecolored! Humohopia na naman po ako!!" She internally shrieked as they continue to gaze at each other silently. Then he shook his head lightly as if to dispel something from him head and the moment is broken.

"I think I may have already reached my alcohol limit...Medyo doble na tingin ko sayo...I better go ahead! G-Good night, Dei." He suddenly announced as he stood up from his chair.

"Right! Ako rin babalik na ko sa villa medyo pagod na rin ako...I had a long day today. G-Good night, too RJ." She countered as she also abruptly stood up from her own chair as well. Since she is already intoxicated, Dei almost lost her balance again and hit her head on his chest. RJ held her by the arms again to steady them both.

"Owwww! I'm so sorry ang clumsy ko talaga! Sorry, RJ! Nasaktan ka ba?" She immediately apologized. She would have gladly welcomed the earth opening up and swallowing her whole at that moment.

"Hindi naman, okay lang ako. Ikaw ang baka nasaktan kasi nauntog ka sa dibdib ko. Lasing ka na yata, eh. Kaya mo pa bang bumalik mag-isa sa villa mo? Ihatid na kaya kita?" He asked her while trying to peak at her face that she is trying to hide behind a curtain of her hair out of embarrassment. 

"No! I'm fine! Okay lang ako!" She exclaimed. "Ego ko lang ang nasaktan..." She muttered in an undertone.

"What? Anong sabi mo? Medyo slurred na salita mo. Parang di ka na okay. Halika na. Ihahatid na kita..." He insisted as he circled his left arm on her shoulder while his other hand held her hair to tuck it behind her ear forcing her to look up at him.

"RJ, please don't be like this. Wag ka masyadong mabait sa akin kasi may naaalala ako na gusto ko nang kalimutan at hindi nakakatulong ang ginagawa mo. Nalilito ang isip at puso ko kahit alam kong imposible nang mabalik sa dati ang lahat. I hope you understand..." She pleaded.

"Tungkol ba ito dun sa taong iniiyakan mo nun sa bundok na kapangalan ko? Sinaktan ka nya at gusto mo na syang kalimutan?" He asked.

She nodded quietly. She is afraid to voice it out for fear that she will break down and confess everything.

"I can offer you my services. I am a Psychologist. I can be your therapist na pwede mong pagkwentuhan at iyakan. Kapag namimiss mo sya, I will be there para alalayan ka hanggang makalimutan mo na sya. We're friends na, di ba?" He asked her lightly. She bit her lip.

"Paano ko sya kakalimutan kung ikaw din yun, RJ? Paano ko aaminin yun sa'yo? Paano?" She thought glumly.

"It's for free. Pagbalik natin sa Maynila sisimulan na natin ang Oplan Move On. In the mean time ihahatid na kita sa villa nyo para makapagpahinga ka na ngayon gabi. Bukas mag-uusap tayo para maplano natin ang details ng therapy mo, okay?" He persisted.

She just nodded slowly, unsure if she understood exactly what he meant but she is too confused and emotionally drained to ask nor argue.

She will just go with the flow for now.