CHAPTER 72

"Have dinner with me tonight...but you should put back on first your cover up."

I can't help it. Her swim suit is just too distracting for my and her own good. Her left eyebrow raised in question as she looked at me. I scratched my nape self consciously.

"Why? May problema ba sa swimsuit ko? Di ba bagay?" She asked with a slight hint of indignation that I instinctively moved closer to reassure her.

"No! Of course not! It's perfect...you're perfect...its just that there are a lot of other men..." He started to explain but a familiar voice interrupted him.

"Dei! I borrowed a volleyball from the staff. Let's play beach volleyball! Come on!" Uno called out from the direction of the hotel. He frowned.

Dei stepped forward to walk towards Uno but RJ immediately grabbed her wrist to catch her attention again. Dei looked back at him questioningly.

"Dei, sandali lang...can you give me already an answer to my invitation before you leave? Will you have dinner with me later tonight?" He asked then held his breath. She looked at his eyes for a few seconds as if gauging his sincerity before answering.

"O-okay. I'll just meet you at the hotel lobby, say at around 7pm? In the mean time halika laro muna tayo, maaga pa naman!" She answered with a smile. He can't help the big smile that tugged at his lips and he readily agreed to join the game. He was feeling giddy until they reached Uno who was already with Val. Uno kissed Dei on her cheek in greeting and RJ's good mood turned sour.

He felt like walking out or punching someone. Preferably some tall, fair skinned businessman who dared kiss Dei in front of him.

But he chose to keep his cool. He would not want Dei to back out from their date.

Less than an hour later.

"Kaibigan, hinay hinay sa pagtitig baka bumulagta na lang yan sa talim ng tingin mo!"

RJ's brooding gaze turned into a full blown scowl as he turned to his side and found a stranger standing there. He was leaning on the trunk of a coconut tree gazing out on the sand where Dei and her friends are having a good time playing beach volleyball.

He's been in high spirits since Dei gave him the chance to clear things up with her earlier when they had the talk at the beach. Until Uno came and interrupted their talk with the invitation to play. RJ's been in a foul mood ever since. He excused himself after about half an hour under the pretense that he needs to take an important call to avoid Dei catching up on his mood. He has been watching them on the sideline for a few minutes already when a stranger appeared beside him and made that comment.

"Magkakilala ba tayo?" He tersely asked the tall, dark skinned man beside him wearing an all white attire. The man just glanced at him with a small smile on his face and looked out in front of them again. RJ turned his attention back at the scene in front of them and sighed frustratedly.

"Ang saya nyang tignan. Ganyan din kaya sya kasaya kapag ako na ang kasama nya?" He thought miserably.

"Kaibigan, hindi makakadagdag sa pogi points mo ang pagmumukmok dito sa gilid habang pinapanood ang iba na gumagawa ng paraan para mapalapit sa kanya. Dapat gumagawa ka ng paraan ngayon para di sya mahulog sa iba." The man beside him spoke again. He turned to the stranger abruptly with knitted brows. The man is still staring straight ahead with a relaxed stance.