CHAPTER 41

"Lola, ilagay nyo po yung kanang kamay nyo sa balikat ni Lolo then smile kayo habang magkaharap na parang nag-uusap lang. Yes, ganyan po. Awww! Ang sweet nyo pong tignan. Nakakakilig!" She gushed behind the lens of her camera as she took pictures of the old couple. She took several more shots from different angles before she told them that she had enough photos to choose from for the article.

"Okay na po tayo. Salamat po Lolo Danny and Lola Linda! Ang galing nyo po! Para po kayong models talaga. Pwede na po kayong magpahinga. Tapos na po." She told them as they guided the old couple to their seats again. She then turned to RJ who was also there to assist his grandparents during the shoot.

"Sir RJ, it's your turn na po. Are you ready? I will just need a few shots to go with the photos of your grandparents in the article since you are the one who is in-charge of the resort now. Dun po tayo sa may poolside?" She asked him casually. She did not wait for his answer and instead immediately turned and walked ahead.

Dei is still nursing a hurt ego after his outrageous reaction to his lola's joke earlier when they were introduced. His reaction to his lola's statement about marrying her left her feeling more insecure. She is still not over his lack of reaction on her NBSB confession last night as it is.

"Ang gara nya! Kagabi NR sya. Ngayon naman OA kung makareact! Ganun ba ako kapangit?! Eh di sya na ang Greek god!" She thought morosely.

Dei kept her distance from him for the rest of the shoot and just talked to him when necessary and only at a professional level. He's been sending her puzzled looks since.

She was walking towards the direction of the pool area when she felt a hand on her wrist. She looked behind her and found RJ looking at her with an unsure expression on his handsome face.

"May problema ba tayo? Kanina ko pa napapansin na parang iniiwasan mo ako. Did I do or say anything to offend you again?..." He asked softly. Her heart rate doubled again at his touch. She pulled her wrist free, afraid that he would feel her pulse rate. He frowned.

"Huh? What are you talking about?! Ganito lang po talaga ako pag nasa work ako. Saan naman po galing yun? Dito PO tayo sa may gilid ng pool for your shot..." She answered with a poker face.

"Oh, Okay. Sabi mo,eh...so saan mo ako kailangan for the shots? Let's finish this, shall we? I would not want to take up too much of your time, MS.DEI. I know you still have a lot of work to do here." He answered indifferently. The playful lilt to his voice was completely replaced by a professional, noncommittal timbre. She bit her lip to prevent herself from cringing at the coldness of his tone.

"Just lie back casually on that lounger and look here with a small smile like you are thinking of something nice..." She instructed just as casually.

RJ sighed deeply before he walked towards the lounger and did as he was told. But he had difficulty getting the right expression and angle on his face that Dei decided to walk closer to guide him herself. She bent a little to level with his face.

"Here, turn your head a little to this side and smile a bit..." She said then touched his jaw to guide him to the right angle. They both froze when her fingers accidentally grazed the side of his lower lip when he turned abruptly towards her direction. They stared at each other's eyes, both acutely aware of each other's nearness. He smirked up at her.

"Ow-key, that's it. Hold that pose..." She said when she recovered after a few seconds and then immediately turned around to go back to her spot to take the shot. She can feel her cheeks heating up.

Valerie moved closer to her side when she got back to her original position for the shot.

"Girl, nakita ko yun! Para-paraan lang, bes?! Hirap magtago ng kilig, noh?...Malambot ba ang lips nya?" Val whispered giddily. She elbowed her friend on the ribs to shut her up.

"Tumigil ka, Valeria! Di ka nakakatulong..." She whispered back firmly. Valerie just gave her a meaningful smirk.

She took several shots while giving RJ continuous instructions on the various poses she wants from him. He just indulged her without a word. He was just silently staring at her the whole time. About half an hour later, Dei gave out a discreet sigh of relief as she took the last shot. She straightened up.

"That's it. I think we are done here, Sir RJ. Thank you.." She told him as she stared at the shots she got on her camera's screen while walking towards her laptop that she left on a table near the pool.

Dei will need to transfer the photos to her laptop so they can choose and sort them properly later. She intend to work on it before they take a break again for lunch. She still have several lay-outs left with the models before they are done for the weekend. She would want to finish all the lay-outs while there is still light so she can devote the rest of the day and the morning tomorrow to sorting and editing. That way should there be a need to reshoot anything she would still have time before they go back to Manila late in the afternoon.

She was too preoccupied checking the photos that she did not notice RJ walking purposefully towards her until he was standing directly in front of her. She looked up at him in surprise.

"I think we need to talk. May I ask for a few minutes of your time, MS. DEI?"

She just gaped at him.