CHAPTER 52

"Grabe sya sa'kin, oh! Bago pa lang tayong friends pinagbabantaan mo na kaagad ako? Paano pa kapag..." He was looking at her amused face while talking when he suddenly realized what he was supposed to say next may not be something she is ready to hear so he bit his tongue before finishing the sentence. But she eyed him suspiciously.

"Paano pa kapag ano?!" She asked pointedly. He held his breath nervously and thought:

"Paano pa kapag tayo na?"

But instead of saying that he looked away before answering:

"P-Paano pa kapag close na close na tayo?! Ano bugbog sarado na ako syo?" He answered defensively which made her laugh aloud. Her laughter made him to feel tingles up and down his spine again.

"Yang laki ng biceps mo na yan mabubugbog ka ng isang payatot na babaeng tulad ko! Pero baka nga mabugbog kita pag di mo naipaliwanag ng maayos sa akin yang proposition mo..." She threatened him again. He heaved a deep breath again.

"G-ganito kasi yun...I think you are showing symptoms of early stage depression...pero di pa naman conclusive yun. I still need to do an evaluation...I just want to make sure you're okay." He explained awkwardly. He looked at her face to see her reaction. She just looked at him back doubtfully.

"Totoo ba 'yan? Baka ginugood time mo lang ako, ah! Wala naman akong napapansing kakaiba sa sarili ko...sure ka ba dyan?" She asked him again. He straightened his shoulders and faced her fully.

"Dei, usually people who suffer from depression are not aware of the symptoms or they do not want to acknowledge them. Pero sabi ko nga hindi pa conclusive yun...para makasiguro tayo I am proposing to do an evaluation of you when we get back sa Manila. Only if its okay with you..." He answered carefully. She still is regarding him with doubt in her eyes. How he wanted to run his fingers through her brows to remove those worry lines.

"I don't see any reason para madepress ako. I have a good career going, I have friends and my family who are supportive of my work and activities. Sabi nga nila I have almost everything na except for..." She blabbered on until she abruptly stopped. He spoke to her in a soft but earnest voice.

"Dei, there are many possible reasons or even no concrete obvious reason for a person to feel depressed at certain points in their lives. That is why an evaluation is needed to assess the situation. But as I said it is your call..." He reasoned while he was looking at her face intently. He is trying to read what she is thinking with her body language but he is getting distracted.

"I don't know..." She started which caused him to feel this sudden sadness at the thought that she is rejecting his offer of help and friendship but the sad look on his eyes immediately changed to that of happiness when she suddenly blurted out:

"Okay..."

He stared at her unbelievingly.

"Okay...as in okay you will do it?" He clarified.

"I admit I'm still not 100% sold to the idea but no harm in checking, right? So...yes I will do the evaluation." She answered slowly. He can't help but smile widely at her.

"That's great! Don't worry. This is not going to be the usual session. We don't have to do it at my office. You can choose the place, where ever you are comfortable and its going to be as informal as possible. Para lang tayong nagkukwentuhan..." He narrates. She just gave him an awkward smile.

"By the way, here is my business card. I have there both my office number and my cellphone number. You can contact me to schedule the evaluation or maybe I can ask for your digits too so I can call you instead for your schedule?" He asked her tentatively.

"Luh! Di mo pa diretsuhin na gusto mo lang makuha number nya para matawagan at text mo sya anytime..." His inner self chided him.

"Um, wait let me check If I have...here! Here is my business card as well. Tawag ka na lang siguro by next week coz this week is going to be pretty busy for me. May isa pa akong shoot na nakasched this week and some editing work." She answered.

"Ganun ba? Sayang aayain sana kitang magcoffee pagdating natin sa Manila. Alam mo na to celebrate sana our new found friendship..." He said with a sly smile her way.

"Oy, Mr. Faulkerson! Wag mo akong dinadaan dyan sa ganyang mga paandar mo! Pumayag na nga akong maging guinea pig mo, noh. Di mo na ako kailangang suhulan ng coffee..." She answered with matching hands to her waist.

"Grabe sya!..baka lang naman. I'll see you next week then, Dei. Ingat kayo sa byahe pabalik ng Manila. Bye!" He said when they reached her villa. He handed her her things before he put his hand on her forearm and gave her a buzz on the cheek. She just stared at him, taken by surprise.

He can feel his ears getting warm so he abruptly turned away from her and walked to the direction of their house without looking back.

When he got to the porch leading to their front door, he chanced upon his Lola Linda who just came from the garden with a spray bottle.

"Oh, mukhang maganda na uli araw mo, ah. Kanina lang malalim iniisip mo. Pauwi ka na ba ng Maynila?" She asked him as he kissed her forehead. He chuckled.

"Lola, ako na naman ang napansin nyo! Maya maya pa po ako bibiyahe.  Pagkaalis po ng mga guests saka na ako luluwas. Nag-eempake na po sila ngayon. May aayusin muna po ako na mga papeles sa opisina dito bago ko umalis." He explained as they walk abreast to go inside the house.

"Di mo ba sasabayang lumuwas si Dei? Para alam mo saan sya nakatira. Magaan ang loob namin sa kanya ng lolo mo. Kung liligawan mo sya wala kaming tutol, apo." His lola said which made him laugh.

"Lola, ligaw agad?! Hindi ba pwedeng kilalanin at kaibiganin ko muna?" He laughingly answered back.

"Kung sakali lang naman, RJ. Hindi ka na bata, iho. Pero tama nga na kilalanin mo muna syang mabuti. Magandang pundasyon ng kahit anong relasyon ang pagkakaibigan. Wag lang masyadong matagal at naghihintay na ako ng magiging apo ko sa iyo. Nangako ka..." His lola reminded him.

"Ikaw talaga, lola! Dadating tayo dyan..." He said while hugging her.