CHAPTER 45

"And that's a wrap, guys! Great job everyone! Pack up na!"

Dei happily announced along with her own version of a happy dance that her colleagues really enjoy seeing after a hard day's work. Everyone was in high spirit for they were able to finish the lay-outs early with the shots coming out great so there might not be a need to reshoot any lay-out the next day. They can use the time before going back to Manila to relax after some minimal post prod work. Paolo was extremely happy that the shoot went without any major problems.

"Guys, dahil very successful ang shoot natin magpapaparty ako! Pack up everything then freshen up. Be back by 8pm at the pool area so we can party!" Paolo announced enthusiastically. Everyone cheered.

Food and drinks flowed as everyone from the staff to the models mingled and chatted the night away. The staff of the resort provided music and they set up a buffet table near the pool so the dinner turned into an impromptu swimming party.

Dei sat by the edge of the pool sipping a cocktail drink while watching Val and the team play in the water. She suddenly become aware of someone watching her so she turned and looked around the pool area to check.

Her wandering eyes met a pair of piercing hazel eyes regarding her from afar. The owner of those eyes is standing a few yards away from her and appears to be in a conversation with Paolo and other staff of the magazine. His eyes still harbor a trace of the sadness she saw that afternoon when she inadvertently asked him a personal question. The feeling of guilt washed over her again. She bravely tried to smile at him. She felt some sort of relief when he returned it with a small smile and a nod.

But all through the night, they just kept on glancing surreptitiously at each other from a distance and exchanging shy smiles. Something that did not go unnoticed with her very "perceptive" assistant and best friend.

"Bes, ang pabebe ng pagsusulyapan nyo ni Mr. Man in Your Dreams. Ano ang gusto nyong patunayan sa hindi nyo pag-uusap buong gabi? Di naman bawal, di ba?" Val asked her in a whisper as they are getting food from the buffet. They turned towards the topic of their conversation who was on the other side of the pool standing with a group of female models who are obviously trying to catch his attention. And as if on cue, he glanced at their direction and smiled at her again before he turned back to the women around him.

"I don't think that's necessary. Mukhang masaya naman sya sa company ng mga seksing models. Dun na lang sya." She retorted as she turned away.

"Wow, teh! Ang ampalaya mo sa statement na yun!" Val laughed. She just widened her eyes at her friend and left to sit at one of the garden sets to eat her dinner alone. She decided to just avoid looking at his direction after that.

"Baka isipin pa nya nagpapacute ako kagaya ng mga models na yun. Excuse me lang, noh!" She silently fumed. She got up after eating and decided to get another glass of wine from the bar and went to find herself a quiet spot away from the noise of the party.

She found the perfect spot by following a path that led to the other side of the resort. She sat at an easy chair by a gazebo, she placed the wine glass on a side table as she lay back on the chair. She passed the time browsing through her social media accounts through her phone while sipping slowly from the glass. Her glass was almost empty when she heard a not so discreet clearing of throat behind her. She immediately turned towards the sound and saw the last person she would want to interact with at the moment. He walked determinedly towards her and put down a bottle of chilled wine and an empty wine glass on the table beside her.

"Bakit ka nag-iisa dito? Hindi ka ba nag-eenjoy sa party or may namimiss ka lang?" He asked her quietly as he sat on the other chair on the other side of the table. Dei looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"For someone who got upset because of a personal question, you also ask lots of personal questions yourself, Mr. Faulkerson." She answered with a passive face. He chuckled quietly.

"Touche! Again, I'm sorry about that. I was just caught off guard and as I told you I wasn't ready for such questions yet..." He answered as he gestured to refill her wine glass. She nodded. He filled her glass before he poured himself a glass as well.

"So what type of questions are you ready to answer? Dapat siguro syo na mismo manggaling para di ako magkamali uli." She answered while directly looking at his face. The wine seemed to lend her some courage to speak her mind. He stared back at her with a smile as well.

"You know, you really are different from the other women I've met before. It's so refreshing to talk to you. Parang ang gaan mong kasama. Lagi ka bang ganyan or dahil nakainom ka lang?" He asked back which made her laugh.

"Well, it might be the wine talking. I'm usually very shy you know? I'm an introvert by nature but I was told before that I should not let my fears intervene with my relationships. Ayoko rin kasi sa mga plastic at sinungaling kaya I always strive to be vocal sa mga taong malapit sa akin." She answered.

"Is being an open book a requirement if someone wants to be close to you?" He asked her tentatively.

"Sir RJ, no one should force you to share anything that you are not ready to share yet. That should be your own choice. Pwede namang magkwentuhan lang tayo ng mga bagay like the weather, favorite color mo o kaya state of the world economy...ganoin!" She answered flippantly as she reached out to get her glass of wine. But his hand reached out as well and held her hand that was on the wine glass before she was able to lift it up.

"Dei, I don't know why pero parang matagal na kitang kilala. It's as if this is not the first time that we had this kind of talk. Ang gaan agad ng loob ko syo and to be honest it freaked me out that's why I had to step back. But I'm also very curious as to what this is between us so...what I'm saying is...can we give this a try? See where it takes us?" He asked.

She just stared at him wide-eyed. She then pulled her hand free as she lift the glass from the table and drank its content straight up.

"Diyos ko naman! Ano naman po ang isasagot ko sa ganung klaseng tanong?!" She prayed as she clutched the now empty wine glass to her bosom as she looked back at his handsome face.