CHAPTER 59

"Pasensya ka na sa unit namin, RJ. Medyo maliit of course compared sa bahay nyo. Pasok ka." She self consciously said as they enter the condo unit she shares with Valerie.

"Hey, this is just like my unit! At correction, hindi ko bahay iyun, bahay ng family ko. I like your unit. It's minimalist but it has this homey feel about it. It makes you just want to sit back and relax after a busy day..." He said that made her smile.

"You know, ikaw pa lang ang male visitor namin na nagsabi nyan. That's exactly what I wanted for this unit and I'm glad you seemed to verify that we were able to achieve that. Yung iba kasi ang sabi lang masyadong bland ng decor ng unit namin. Di nila naappreciate ang concept. Maybe it's because your a Psychologist..." She quipped. He smiled at her.

"Mga ilang male visitors ba yan for you to generalize? Maybe its just that being a Psychologist made me more observant. Pero pwede ring depende sa taste yan. I just happen to also like a more minimalist, no frills set up. Simple lang. Para you have this relaxed place to come home to after a tiring day." He explained. She doesn't show it but she felt giddy with his answer. The idea of him 'coming home' does things to her equilibrium.

"Feeling wife lang na uuwian, girl?!" She smiled at the thought.

"Anong nakakatawa sa sinabi ko?!" He asked her with a pout. She laughed awkwardly at being caught laughing at her private thoughts. She tried distracting him.

"Ang cute mo pag nakapout! Parang six years old lang. Kyut, kyut ng baby!" She told him with a laugh as he pout some more. Then his expression suddenly changed.

"Baby? Baby nino?!" He asked her in a quiet, sultry voice that caused her to break in goosebumps. She gave out a nervous laugh.

"E-ewan ko syo! Halika na sa kitchen. Magluto ka na, Mr. Psychologist/ Businessman/ Doctor/ Chef! Nagugutom na ko. Tulungan na kita para madali tayo." She directed him to the kitchen where she immediately pulled out ingredients for the pasta and bread from their pantry and ref. RJ went on to prepare the utensils they'll need, completely at home in her kitchen. She smiled secretly as she observed him.

"Yes, Ms. Dei!" He answered with a salute that made them burst into giggles again.

Dei handed him an apron which he wore immediately. They worked in relative silence, smiling at each other every now and then. Dei heated water for the pasta as RJ started preparing the bread to make garlic sticks. After which, he started prepping the ingredients for the pasta as Dei got them some wine and set the table for their meal.

"You seemed to really know your way inside the kitchen. I'm impressed." She commented as he expertly chopped garlic and nuts and basil for the pesto.

"Well, natuto akong magluto dahil kay lola. And I've been living alone sa condo ko for the past five years as well so sabihin na lang natin na naging necessity sa akin ang matutong magluto kung ayaw ko mamatay sa gutom or magkasakit sa kakatake out or padeliver ng fast food." He quipped with a wink as he start preparing the fresh pesto sauce. His wink made her laugh.

"Gwapo ka na sana kaso epic fail ang kindat mo! Wag mo na ulitin, ha!" She laughingly commented as she sip from her wine glass. He hugged his wine glass to his chest, with a fake hurt expression on his face.

"Ouch! Grabe sya sa kin,oh! Basag na naman ako.." He dramatically complained making her burst into her signature asthmatic laugh.

They are still laughing when the main door of the unit suddenly opened and Valerie came in looking surprised to find them there at the kitchen together.

"Hoy! Ano 'to! Akala ko ba nagdinner kayo sa restaurant? Kanina magkaholding hands sa office, ngayon magkasama sa condo?! Dei, joke lang yung sinabi ko kanina na iuwi mo si Sir RJ. Sineryoso mo naman! Dapat pala di muna ako umuwi. Teka lang, maghahanap muna ako ng lakad para makaalis muna ulit!" Valerie blurted out as she took her mobile phone which made Dei blush in embarrassment.

"Valeria! Umayos ka nga! Maya ko na ikwento sa iyo in detail ang nangyari sa dinner namin. For now,' dito ka lang! Magluluto si RJ para sa ATIN. Kasama ka dito so umupo ka dyan at ipagseset up din kita ng plato." She commanded her friend with authority making Valerie immediately sit down on the dining chair opposite hers.

"Sabi ko nga uupo ako dito at makikithird wheel sa date nyo...pero bes, ang awkward..." Val uttered pleadingly at her but she stood her ground.

"Wag kang ano dyan,Val!" She answered dismissively.

"Bes naman. Isipin mo naman kung gaano kaawkward na nandito ako. Paano makakadiskarte ng maayos si Sir RJ sa'yo kung para akong lola mo dito na nagbabantay. Paano kayo makakarating sa first, second at third base kung nandito ako? Ano ko scorer?" Valerie reasoned.

"Hoooyyy! At sinong may sabing dun kami papunta? Utak mo bes, ah! Sabunin mo. Ang dumi na! Kaya ka nga pinag-iistay dito para di mag-isip ang mga kapitbahay ng kung ano..." Dei explained when they both heard a clearing of a throat. Val and Dei both turned to RJ.

"Ahm, makasabat lang sa usapan nyong magkaibigan in case lang na nakalimutan nyo na nandito lang ako na pinag-uusapan nyo. I offered to cook dinner for the three of us so Val you are very much welcome to join us. And just to clarify as well, malinis ang intention ko kay Dei. I want us to be friends. I would never take advantage of her in any way..." RJ sincerely told them. She looked at him apologetically.

"RJ, pasensya ka na talaga dito sa bestfriend ko. Sadyang pinanganak lang ito na walang mind to mouth filter." Dei said which made him chuckle, eyes reduced to slits. She secretly heaved a sigh of relief.

"No worries, Dei. Hey, I'm done cooking! Sit back ladies and let me serve you with tonight's special: RJ's Chicken Pesto Pasta with garlic bread sticks..." He presented with a flourish. He immediately served the pasta and the bread into Dei's and Valerie's plates before getting for himself. He poured wine for Val, too. Valerie nudged her discretely on the side.

"Bes, kapag pinakawalan mo pa yan bubunutin ko talaga lahat ng buhok sa katawan mo!" Valerie threatened.

"Bes, sure bang di sya panaginip?"