CHAPTER 60

"Grabeh! In fairness, nasira diet ko sa'yo  Sir RJ! At dahil dyan kailangan ko ng pumasok sa room ko para matulog ng maaga para makapag gym ako tomorrow morning. Okay! Good night, lovebirds!" Valerie declared out of nowhere after they finished eating their dinner. She left so fast that both Dei and RJ did not even have a chance to react.

RJ looked at Dei immediately sensing the uneasiness that permeated her upon being left alone with him. She even tried avoiding his stare by looking down at her lap. He cleared his throat discreetly.

"Mukhang kailangan ko nang umuwi..." He started which made her look back up at him in surprise.

"H-ha? Nagmamadali ka na bang umuwi?" She softly asked him. He felt giddy at the sound of disappointment in her voice.

"Hindi naman. But if you must rest already..." He answered slowly while studying her reaction.

"H-hindi naman kita pinapauwi. And besides medyo nakainom ka ng wine...y-you might want to have coffee first before you leave para di ka antukin sa daan habang nagdadrive pauwi..." She offered shyly.

"Ang cute nya talaga pag nahihiya...sarap yakapin!" He thought.

"Coffee would be great..thank you!" He said with a smile. His smile got wider when she smiled back sweetly at him and immediately stood up to get some coffee for them. He watched her every move, fascinated with every nuance and curves. He was busy checking her out that he got startled when she suddenly turned to him to ask a question that he somewhat hanged.

"I-i'm sorry, what was your question again?" He asked her, feeling embarrassed. Dei slightly raised a brow at him. He felt nervous.

"You okay? I just asked if you prefer sugar and cream on your coffee..." She answered then slightly smirked at him.

"I-I'm okay. Just thinking about something...anyway I'll have two teaspoons of sugar and no cream please. Thank you." He answered awkwardly, now the one feeling embarrassed at being caught. She smiled again before turning back to finish preparing the coffee. He sighed discreetly.

"Hay! Iba talaga dating mo sa akin, Dei. Pag hindi ako nakapagpigil dito...naku!" He thought with his hands almost reaching out for her. He could just grab her and kiss her senseless now and forget about everything else. But he can't. He was not raised like that. And he can sense that Dei is different from the other girls. He needs to thread carefully with her and get to know her better first. He plastered a wide smile on his face when she returned to the table with two cups of coffee. She handed one to him as he thank her.

"We never got to finish our session earlier at the restaurant. We can do that now as you finish your coffee?" She suddenly asked as she took a sip from her cup.

"Are you sure? I mean we can always resched that if you are not really up to it tonight..." He was hoping to just have a casual chat with her tonight so they can get to know each other more.

"Nag-offer na nga ako, di ba? Its totally fine with me. Para malaman ko na din tonight kung may dapat ba akong ipag-alala sa mental health ko..." She answered with an awkward grin. He felt guilty right then for suggesting the session to her in the first place.

"I'm sorry if I made you worry. But anyway, I suggest that we do it in a more comfortable area..." He paused because she was looking at him suspiciously but with a glint of amusement in her eyes. He suddenly realized that his choice of words may have been received with a double meaning. He blushed to the roots of his hair.

"I-i mean we can do the psych evaluation in an area where you can be more comfortable..." He explained hastily.

"Like in my bedroom?" She asked with an innocent look on her face. He almost spitted out the coffee in his mouth as she burst into a hearty, asthmatic laugh.

"I'm sorry.." She said while still laughing hard. "..I can't help teasing you.. you look so cute all red faced like that. Anyway, we can transfer to the sofa so we can be more "comfortable"..." She said with twinkling eyes.

"Dei, wag ako...baka di mo ako kayanin pag sineryoso ko ang words mo." He thought as he watch her bring her cup with her to the sofa as she gesture for him to follow her to the living room.

They sat side by side on the long sofa with a modest one foot space between them and simultaneously put down their cups on the center table. They looked at each other wordlessly after. Dei broke the silence first.

"Okay! Shall we start? Do I need to do anything before we start?" She asked cheerfully.

"Nope. Let's start with this question: Do you feel down or unmotivated to do things that you used to enjoy recently?" He asked softly while staring at her face to gauge her reactions.

"Humm, well not really recently maybe a few months ago..." She answered carefully.

"Can you be more specific?" He asked carefully as well. He already have an idea but he wants her to say it herself.

"W-well...it was ano...around the time we first met sa  mountain..." She answered softly. She starts to avoid his eyes. He mentally took note of that.

"How long did the feeling of being depressed last? A day? A few days? Weeks? And can you describe the feeling?" He asked.

"Uhm, more like w-weeks...I slept a lot for the first few days then barely slept the next days, I had no appetite...basically just wanting to be left a-alone. Ganun." She explained. He nodded thoughtfully.

"Is there any event in your life that may have triggered these episodes of depression?" He asked casually.

She froze.