EPISODE 01┃LAZARUS RISING

Jensen Ackles

Jensen Ackles

Pitch blackness looked back at him when he opened his apple-green eyes. The air was thick and heavy in his lungs. He moved his hands and was met with rough wood underneath his palms. What the hell is going on? Maybe Jared pulled off a prank, and it's a bad one. After some struggle, he found something inside his jeans. Slowly Jensen put his palm on the object. He frowned once he realized it was Dean's lighter. "This is not funny, guys," Jensen snapped as he pressed his palms against the wood. It didn't budge. The lumber was cold as hell. He gritted his teeth together, frustrated. A groan escaped his dry lips.

He flipped on the lighter and punched open the object above his head. Dirt hit his jeans while he flinched. After some significant struggle, his head finally got above the earth. Jensen gasped in the air and blinked in the harsh sunlight that lit his face. A hot blaze blinded him momentarily. He whimpered in pain. Jensen pulled out of the hole and looked around. A brown with a white colors wooden cross was right beside him. The trees around him had bowed down to the earth around him, the grass burnt by the strong impact. "Jared, you got me," Jensen said to nobody in particular. Only silence responded. The heat made him sweat, and he took off the jacket to take it around his wrist. Jensen wiped away the sweat from his eyes. He started to walk on a road once he found it. The trees and bushes waved hushed in the winds. Soon the heat was relentless against his skin. Sweat dripped from his forehead onto his black t-shirt. His eyes were stung by the light. When his throat was dry, he licked his lips.

Jensen saw the white house with the two red places to charge cars. The silence showed nobody had been there in decades. Jensen decided to pound on the door. "Hello?" Again, no answer as he opened the door. Jensen finds himself walking around the empty gas station, feeling as if he read this in the Supernatural script where Dean finds out one year after he went to hell. Unsure, he awaited the yell Castiel should make in about ten minutes, yet it was too still.

Jensen rolled Dean's outer shirt around his hand before he took a deep breath and destroyed the glass, so he got a water bottle. The newspaper that shouldn't be there stated the date he feared. Thursday, September 18th, 2008. "No, no, no, no," Jensen mumbled underneath his breath. He backed away until the Asian porn magazines fell on the floor beside him. Their grinning faces and half-covered bodies with screaming colors a whole league away from Jensen's pale features. He found one of the mirrors he knew was there as he took up his black shirt, showing his stomach. His abs and stomach were fine. No wounds.

Jensen folded it down before he took up a part of the shirt. A red handprint that Dean was supposed to have there was gone. No handprint, he concluded with dread. Whoever had pulled this off, he would prank to the next universe. When he later had eaten and drunk two or three bottles of water, he headed out to start the old car outside the gas station. Using Dean's phone was out of the question. Who knew what would answer him?

He started the car as he checked the rear window hoping it was one of the bad dreams. Jensen realized a few kilometers later he wasn't in Canada anymore but in America. I have to find Jared. He better explain this. He followed the script by parking into (God knows how he knew) Bobby's house.