Space VS Beetles

Momo x Reader

I accidentally published this before I even started it! Sorry hehe
________________

I looked through the kaleidoscope once again and stared at all the different constellations that patterned the dark sky. It was truly beautiful to me. Just the way the stars sprinkled the sky fascinated me so so much. I've always wanted to major in astronomy. Everyone supported me on the idea, well except one person. Momotarou Mikoshiba. We are barely even friends! Whenever I mention space he gets so upset and tells me beetles are so much better then some stars. He just pisses me off so much! The way he can just downsize on my stars!

I sighed and put the cap on the kaleidoscope and turned to go into my room, until a voice stopped me. "Yooo! (F/N)."

I cringed. It was Momotarou. Another problem about all of this is that he's my next door neighbor, and our rooms correspond to one another. It's summer so he isn't at the dorms at Samezuka. This is the only way we can talk to eachother, since we go to different schools. I would be driven insane if we went to the same school anyways. "What?" I asked turning on my heal.

He frowned. "Don't be so rude I was just saying hi."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. What's up?" I walked up to the railing of my small terrace and leaned on it, resting my head in my hand.

He smirked. "Let's hangout tomorrow! I wanna take you somewhere and show you something."

"Eh? You want to hangout with me?" I asked stunned.

Momotarou nodded his head. "Yep! So dress cute!" He chuckled.

"This isn't some weird date?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nope! Just trust me." He stuck out his hand.

"What?" I eyed his hand.

"Shake my hand so you won't ditch me tomorrow! I don't wanna be left hanging."

I outstretched my hand and grabbed ahold of his. It's so warm. We shook hands. "I won't ditch you tomorrow." I paused. "I promise."

-Time Skip Brought to you by starting blocks. How did I not know what they were??-

I looked in the mirror. I decided to wear a (skirt/dress length) (skirt/ dress) with a short sleeve (color) jacket. Simple. I brushed my hair one last time and headed down stairs. My mom peeked out from the kitchen. "Where are you going sweetie?" She asked while wiping her hands with a towel.

"Momotarou asked me to hangout today. Mikoshiba."

"Oh! I didn't know the two of you talked to one another." She looked at me with a surprised look.

"Haha I didn't either." I whispered.

"What was that?" She asked.

"N-Nothing! I gotta go now!" I rushed to the front door and took off my house slippers while I slipped on my shoes. "Bye bye!" I called out to my mom as I slipped out the front door.

I ran out of the front gate and turned towards Momotarou's house. He was standing outside his front door. Seems he was waiting for me. "Hey." I said as I opened his gate and walked in as if I always do.

"Hey!" He smiled and walked towards me. He was wearing a yellow shirt with a white jacket.

"Isn't it a little hot to wear something like that?" I asked.

"Nah. I'll be fine." He said as he walked towards the gate. I followed behind him and we went to wherever he was taking me. It was a quite walk, more awkward like. We took a train ride downtown and continued on. He stopped in front of a building and smiled. "We are here!" He said proudly.

I looked at the building. "Where are we?" I looked around as if I was trying to find a sign or some thing but nothing.

"You'll see when we get inside!" He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him.

We entered the building and I saw it looked like a hotel lobby. "Momotarou. Are we at a hotel?" I asked.

"No?" He said while giving me a questioning look. "Just follow me." He still had my hand in his and pulled me to the counter. The lady at the counter asked him how many tickets and he bought two. One for each of us it seemed. He pulled me along to two doors and pushed them open. Inside was a beautiful sight. Stars. But trees? And beetles! It was such a wondrous sight. An indoor bug museum for nighttime bugs?

"Momo...." I whispered. "It's so beautiful." I said again.

He looked at me and smiled. "This place isn't well known so we are the only people here. We can enjoy it all we want. I decided to end our pointless feud of beetles vs stars and decided why not both?" He giggled.

I looked at him and smiled. I squeezed his warm hand. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome!" He squeezed my hand back.

It was a magical moment for the both of us.

-Time Skip-

After a short day at the beetle/ space museum we headed back out into town. Our hands were intertwined at this point and we still haven't let go. "What are we doing now?" I asked with a smile.

Momo smiled back at me. "Let's go get lunch. I'm hungry."

I nodded. "Alright! How about a family restaurant?" I asked.

"Sounds good to me." We walked along until we decided on a small family restaurant and went inside. We had to let go of each others hands so we could sit across one another. It felt a bit lonely.

After a good lunch we decided to head back home. We didn't hold hands then which felt really lonely.

It was getting a bit dark by the time we left the station and the sky was painted orange, yellow, and pink. "So did you have fun?" Momo broke the silence.

"Yeah." I said and smiled.

"W-would you not mine doing it again?" He asked nervously. "B-But!" He stopped me from answering. "Next time as a date?" He almost whispered.

I blushed and grabbed his hand. "Yeah. That would be nice."

He smiled. Ah it was such a nice day out.
________________

Next story will be Nagisa x Reader. Also I added covers to story chapters that were stories. I'll be doing chapter covers again c: yay