Impossible

Haru x Reader......
_____________

"Haru!" I ran to catch up to the boy. "Wait for me!" I smiled and finally caught up to him.

"Oh hi (F/N)." He looked over at me. "You seem tired. Sit down." He sat down on a nearby bench and I followed him.

"Man who knew practice would be canceled. I mean it's such a nice day out also!"

Haru looked at his feet. "Yeah."

Swim practice was canceled because some kids need it to prepare an activity for the school festival. Sadly we won't be able to practice for the next week and I'm sure Haru is bummed out about it. I pat his back. "Don't worry! Before you know it we'll be able to swim again. Even though it's a bit cold to swim anyways."

He nodded. "Yeah." He opened his school bag and pulled out his wallet. "I'm going to go find a vending machine and get some drinks." He said while standing up.

"Alright! I'll wait and watch your bag!" I said cheerfully as he walked off and around the corner to find a vending machine. I kicked my feet and silently waited for him to return. I then heard some screaming nearby. In the direction Haru went. "Oh no." I sighed and stood up. Maybe he was in a fountain or something. As I approached the corner I could make out what the people were yelling about.

"Call an ambulance!"

"How could you not see the boy?!"

"Is he alright?!"

"Check his pulse someone!!"

I began to feel worry and picked up my pace. I raced around the corner and stopped. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

I shook my head and felt tears in my eyes. Haru. Ground. Blood. No!

I ran over to him and kneeled down. "Hey what are you doing!" Some lady yelled at me.

"Shut up you hag she obviously knows him! Look at her uniform!" Another one yelled.

"Well so-"

Their voices slowly drained away as I slowly picked up Haru's head and laid it on my lap. Ah! He's breathing. "He's breathing!" I yelled.

"What!"

"The ambulance will be here soon!"

Tears of relief them poured from my eyes and I finally understood the situation. Haru was hit by a truck.

Paramedics arrived and they got him inside the ambulance. I decided to ride with him to the hospital.

-Time Skip-

I sat in the waiting room clutching my skirt when someone walked over and stopped in front of me. I looked up. It was Makoto.

"Hey." He whispered. He sat down beside me and handed me two school bags.

"I told you I would catch up." He whispered.

I totally forgot Makoto was running behind because he forgot something. Ah. "I'm sorry." I whimpered. "I'm so sorry." I began to cry again.

"It's alright." He hushed me and pulled me into a hug. "He'll be alright. I'm sure of it." He paused. "He still has years of swimming to do." Makoto joked to lighten the mood.

I continued to cry. He was right there with me. I should've went with him! I could've saved him or the timing could've changed and he would still be alright. Damnit! I nuzzled my head into Makoto's shoulder and we sat their for hours. Silently waiting Haru's condition.

-Time Skip-

Rei and Nagisa had also came because Makoto texted them. Of course Haru's parents and Makoto's family arrived. Haru's mom weeped silently while her husband comforted her. Makoto's family silently waited also.

A doctor then stepped into the waiting room. "You're all here for Nanase Haruka I believe?" He looked at his clipboard.

"Yes." Makoto spoke up first.

"His condition is stable and he is awake, though he only wants to see one person." The doctor looked around. "Someone named (L/N) (F/N)."

I bolted up. "That's me." Why just me? Why not his mom or dad.

"You all can wait by the door but for now Ms. (L/N) gets to see him. Patients wish." The doctor turned around and lead us all to Haru's room. He stopped in front of a door and motioned his hand for me to step in. I slowly opened the door and walked in. I closed it behind me and shuffled up to Haru's bed.

He was staring out of the hospital window. He turned his head towards me. "Hi." I said nervously.

"Sit down." Haru moved his head and body towards the chair next to the bed. I slowly did so and sat down. I'm so glad he's alright. I began to cry. "I won't be able to swim again." Haru whispered.

I looked up at him. What? "H-Haru..." I whispered.

He smiled. "Just kidding." He immediately went back to his monotone stare. He then brushed his finger across my cheek to wipe the tears. "I'm okay." He said. "I'm right here."

I nodded and used my sleeve to wipe my nose. "I know I'm just so relieved." I sniffled.

Haru pat my head and ruffled my hair. "(F/N)." I looked up at him and he softly kissed me. He pulled away after a few seconds. "I'm okay." He reassured me.

I blushed. Wah? "H-Haru...." I turned my head away.

"Go bring everyone else in." He seemed to know just who would come.

I nodded and went to the door silently and stopped. Outside the doctor was talking. "He won't be able to swim again."

My eyes widened. What? "It seems that even though he'll recover quickly if he does any sort of sport he'll risk never walking again." The doctor said.

I turned around and stared at Haru. "Haru... You..." I shook my head and opened the door. Gladly I didn't hit anyone, but I sprinted off. Haru wasn't actually lying. He won't be able to swim.

"(F/N)- chan!" I heard Nagisa's voice behind me.

I couldn't stop running. Or crying.
_______________

Ahha nope. Nope nope! Which means I will probably not be doing a second part hahahahha. Or maybe I will...... Idek.....