Saddle up

I Slung my arm back and threw the ball of white right at my friend.

I watched as it few through the air and landed right. . . on the ground in front of him.

I could tell he was trying to keep in his laughs. . . but I also could tell he really wanted to burst out laughing about my weak throw.

"Ha ha, yeah, very funny." I said in a very sarcastic tone.

After Norman regained his posture after his inward laugh attack he then launched his 3rd snow attack. Then began to throw everything he had in my direction. I blocked all that I could, dodging most of his snow balls. Well. . .I dodged most of them but Mira. . . Mira's is a different story.

She again, much like our game of tag a few days ago was unaware of the game we were playing. A snow ball that Norman threw made its way through the air until it hit Mira right in the face.

"Oh no." Norman whispered taking a step back.

Mira turned to the, now frozen still, man with anger. She swiftly reacted down and began to make a snow ball of her own.

The snow ball Mira made was double the size of Norman's. It was almost like Mira was a professional when it came to snow ball fights.

She hurdled the large chunk of snow at Norman making him fall, landing flat on his rear end.

Mira and I broke out laughing making us fall to the ground too.

Soon all three of us were laughing in the middle of that snowy field.

But the fun had to end sooner or later. Our socks, shoes, skirts, coats and head all became wet and cold. We quickly made our way back to the carriage getting out of our wet coats and shoes and into warm blankets.

"We will be in the city soon." Norman said before closing the carriage door.

"Wait, Norman." Mira called out.

"Yes, Miss Mira?" He said, opening the carriage door again.

"Nashi and I want to go out and ride the horses." She chirped with excitement.

"Oh do you now? I'll see what I can do."

Norman closed the door and ran off for a few minutes. He then came back.
"Come outside."

Mira and I did as he said and exited the carriage. We put on another set of coats and shoes and went around to the soldiers and horses.

"We need two spare horses over here." Norman told the crowd of men.

"What for?" Said a soldier that looked like the leader of the small army we had.

"Mira and T-the Princess has requested to r-ride horses for p-part of our t-trip." Norman said in a more shaky voice. I couldn't tell if it was because he was shivering or because he was going back to his normal nervous self.
I hoped it was the cold.

"Well we have enough spare horses for this request to be made, but we don't have enough saddle." Said the man.

"H-how many saddles d-do we have?" Norman asked.

"Not counting my men's, we have only one spare saddle."

"Oh. . . I see." Norman said turning back to Mira and I. That is when I knew I had to make a choice.

"Then I'll ride in the carriage and Mira will ride a horse." I told Norman.

"Are you sure, Princess?" Mira asked turning to me.

"I'm sure." I stated with a weak smile.

I began to walk back to the carriage when a voice stopped me.

"I'll walk and the Princess can use my horse!"

I looked to see who said that. A young soldier stepped forward from the crowd. He jumped off his horse and lead it by the reins to me.

"Here, Princess." He said handing me the reins.

I looked at him, I recognized him for some reason.

"What is your name?" I asked as I took the horses reins from him.

"Nash." He simply said, helping me onto his horse.

"Thank you, Nash. But. . . what will you ride now?" I asked as I got situated on the saddle.

"I'll be walking." Said Nash with small smirk.

"Oh. . . ok then." I said turning my attention to Mira. She was saddled up and ready to go.
We nodded at one another and set off.