Chapter 3

Edited.

After looking back at Aaron and David until they faded away back there, I took a deep breath and looked around the car. I wouldn't say me and my family were poor, because we lived well , but I had never been in a car like this before. It actually smelled like it had been bought for this special occasion and never been used before.

"It's a Buick Lacrosse. Nice, isn't it?" Mr. Truman smirked. "I suppose you like cars as well."

"Yeah."

"Excited to meet your father?" Mr. Osner asked, to which I simply shrugged.

Honestly, all I wanted was to jump out of the car and run back home. Where I belong. The thought of meeting a total stranger that claimed to be my father was sickening to me. As said, I loved Triple H as a kid, but right now I... It wasn't the same.

"He's a nice guy, you'll see." Mr. Osner said.

"Whatever, dude, it'll be just for two weeks anyways." I shrugged.

"Listen, Katherine, you can't come back. After your mother's death, your father got your guard and he's the only one that can keep you." Mr. Truman said.

"They can't do it. They just can't give me to someone that left me seventeen years ago just because it was best for business!"

"Things are not quite like that, cupcake." Mr. Truman shrugged.

"Do not. Call. Me. Cupcake. My name is Katherine!"

"I'm sorry, miss." He replied.

After that, no word was said again. They probably realized I didn't want to talk to them, nor be in that car, nor say it was a nice car or be with my 'father'. Soon we were in the airport, getting a flight to wherever Triple H was, and I didn't even bother to ask where. I just wanted it all to be over, honestly. I ended up sleeping during the flight, and then they took me to a hotel. The room was bigger than my own living room, but I didn't show how surprised I was.

"I'll end up getting lost here." I mocked.

"Get ready, your father will be here in twenty minutes." Mr. Truman said, before closing the door and leaving by myself.

I let out a long sight and plopped myself on the bed, before staring up at the ceiling and picturing how that 'meeting' would go. When I was younger, I'd always dream with a man coming home after work and hugging me, apologizing for leaving me, or something like that. Right now I was in a room, waiting for this man. But this man was someone I thought I knew in a way, because I grew up watching him.

When I heard the door opening, my heart caught up on my throat and I sat up quickly and staring at him. He stopped for a few moments as he saw me, before closing the door. I suppose he expected me to run to him and give him a hug or something, but I was there, sitting on the bed and just staring at the man I idolized as a kid. He rubbed his eyes, cleaned his throat and fixed his tie.

"Hello, Katherine." He finally said.

"Hello, Triple H." I said, stern.

"You could call me-"

"Dad?" I cut him off. "No, thanks. My dad's home."

"Hunter. I'd say you can call me Hunter. Or Paul." He nodded.

"Fine, Hunter."

Triple H looked around the room, at my bags, and then walked towards me, sitting down on the edge, but I moved back, away from him. He stared into my blue eyes and smiled.

"You're prettier than I thought."

"Thanks. And you... You're smaller than I thought." I confessed.