Chapter 20

Edited.

Since I decided to read one letter only everyday, I had to find something else to do while waiting for dinner, so I just talked about random stuff with AJ, since the guys were busy. She told me about the bands she liked, and we fangirled about a lot of them. Then someone knocked on the door again, and I stood up to open it. I couldn't believe my eyes! He stood right there with a bag on his shoulder and a smirk on his face, so I gave him a hug.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I chuckled, as he closed the door and let his bag fall to the floor to sit down on the bed.

"It's called a surprise." He chuckled as well. "I missed you so I called Hunter and asked if it'd be alright to come." He shrugged. "He said it was okay so... Here I am. Anyways, how are you?"

"Well..." I reached for my cellphone, showing him Aaron's texts. "You know."

"You didn't tell me he said he loves you."

"He never said that before. He just said so I make up with him. Ugh, I can't believe he lied to me that way." I sighed, laying my head on his chest. "What am I gonna do now, Randy?"

"First, you'll call this idiot, tell him how you feel, next you're gonna forget about him and find someone else." He said, stroking my hair.

"I don't know... I don't think I'll be with anyone. For a long time."

"C'mon." He chuckled. "Just because one idiot hurt you, doesn't mean next guy will." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah... I know." I sighed. "Do you mind if I call him now? I kinda need someone to be with me while I do that."

"No, it's okay." He nodded yes, smiling.

I took a deep breath and looked at the phone's screen, Aaron's name on it. It was hard to press dial, but after a few seconds, I did, quickly putting on speaker so Randy could hear what he was going to say.

"Katie! Finally. Oh, God, cupcake..." He started, but I cut him off.

"Don't you dare call me that!" I spat. "You're a liar. Did you even like me at all? When did you find out about my father? When did you decide to use me? I'm gonna be the nice girl for the first time, so you have one minute to explain."

"Katherine," he sighed, "I did like you. I still do. I found out about it the afternoon you did. Look, it was a stupid decision, okay? I'm stupid, you know me. I just thought it would be easier to get the job if I was with you. I should never have thought about it, but if you forgive me, I can make it up to you..."

"I..." I started, looking at Randy. I bit my lip, so he held my hand and I took a deep breath. "No. We're not getting back together."

"It's Ambrose, isn't it?" He laughed. "I heard you've been seen with him at the airport."

"He's my friend, and none of your business."

"None of my business?!" He laughed. "Why? Are you a ring rat now?"

I was ready to reply, when Randy took the phone from my hand.

"Listen here, punk, say it again and I'm making my way from Tampa to Ohio and I'm breaking your fucking neck, understand? You better watch out who you're talking to!" Randy said, venom and anger filling his eyes.

Aaron was speechless, and so was I.

"W-who is it?" He asked. He knew who was it. Randy was his favorite, he'd recognize his voice anywhere.

"Randy Orton." He spat.

"W-what? What are you doing there? Is- is she at your house? Katherine!"