Chapter 17

Edited.

Me, Hunter and Au walked downstairs and had breakfast with Steph, Mur and Vaugh. He was telling me about some plans for the company, while the girls showered Steph with questions about the weekend. Apparently, they wanted to go to Disneyland, because Aurora told them I never been there.

"Well, the thing about your age isn't that complicated, because I've filled all the papers for your guard. I've been in touch with your stepfather, and he mentioned you'll decide if you want to stay here or not. If you don't want to, he's fighting for it." He said, before smiling. "I mean, if you decide you don't want to... I guess there's not much I can do and-" Before he finished, the phone rang. "Excuse me." He smiled, getting up to answer it in the living room.

"Tell her, Katie. Isn't it true you never been to Disneyland?" Au asked.

"Yeah, it's true." I nodded, before taking a sip of my juice.

"Great news, ladies." Hunter walked in with a gigantic smile. "We got plans for the weekend!"

"We're going to Disneyland?!" Mur asked.

"Hm, not this weekend." He chuckled. "Uncle Shawn invited us over to the ranch."

"Yes!" The three girls smiled brightly, clapping a little.

"I'll pack up, then." Steph smiled, walking out of the room, with the three little girls running right behind her.

"Shawn's anxious to finally meet you." Hunter smiled.

"Well, so am I to meet him." I chuckled.

"He's really nice and helped me choosing most of the stuff in that box." He chuckled as well. "If I had a saying on that, he'd be your godfather."

"I have no godparents so I guess that spot is free." I joked. "What do we pack to go?"

"Well, usual clothes. Boots, if you have. Steph will bring tons of sunblock, so you don't have to worry about that... Well, nothing out of the ordinary." He shrugged.

"Nothing fancy?"

"No." He chuckled. "Nothing fancy."

"Okay, I'll be in my room... Unpacking what I don't need." I chuckled, walking upstairs.

Instead of unpacking right away, I closed the door and laid down for a few minutes. After a deep breath, I unlocked my phone. Lost calls from Jon, paired up with a million texts. All of them from AJ, Sheamus, Punk and Randy. Apparently they made a group chat with all of us also. I smiled at that, but then felt a little sad. So many texts and calls, but none of them from Aaron. So I tried calling him, but he didn't even bother answering. Goddamn it, David, why the hell don't you have a cellphone... I'd ask Hunter if I could call from the phone later... I sighed, deciding to call Jon. I didn't even know why, but...

"Hey, cupcake." His voice was kinda muffed, as if he was sleepy or something. I could picture him with a messy hair and sleepy face, so I smiled at the thought.

"Hey, Jon. Well, I... I just... I don't know, I needed to talk to someone."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, sure." I didn't really want to mention the whole thing with Aaron again... I mean, I'm sure I could talk to AJ about it later. "We're going to Shawn's ranch for the weekend."

"Look at you, meeting Shawn Michaels already! Isn't it awesome?"

"I know, right!" I chuckled. "I'm just a little nervous."