Nightwing (Dick Grayson) x Reader

Heyyy!!! I'm back with another X Reader. Hope you're all having an awesome morning/afternoon/night/day!

Y/N -your name

Enjoy and stay crash!
----------------------------------------------

"Y/N!" Was the last thing you heard, before... BOOM.

You awoke with a start. Jumping upwards, you looked around. You were in some sort of hospital; attached to a series of wires, all connected to different machines. But there was something wrong. There was no sound. "Hello?" You asked, and felt the familiar scratching of your voice in your throat, but you couldn't hear it.

You looked over to the heart monitor and some other machines. They all had lines on them, which jumped up occasionally. But there were no beeps.

You looked to the door as a raven haired man walked in. He looked at you, sympathetically. It was Nightwing, your best friend. "I can't... Hear anything" You mouthed. The man nodded. He must have already known. He wrapped his arms around you in a tight hug. You tensed up 'Dick never really was a hugger' you thought, before hugging back, as a lone tear dropped down your left cheek.

"How long have I been here?" You asked, knowing it was out loud from the scratching in your throat.

"Two weeks." Nightwing answered. You were happy that you were a good lip reader, so you could tell what he was saying.

-----timeskip from a lazy Goldie---------

You and Dick had a routine now. He'd go on a mission, train with you, then you and him would go to the nearby café, so he could teach you more sign language.

At the end of every session, Dick would sign out a sentence. And every time, you never knew what he was saying. You could figure out some words, but you'd forget by the next 'lesson'.

One day, you were doing particularly well. Then Dick signed out his sentence again, and you signed it back. He then left the café like he normally did and you made your way back to your apartment on foot.

When you got there, you flopped down on your bed and reached over to your laptop. Maybe you'd be able to find something interesting on Tumblr to waste away the rest of the day.

When you logged on, there was a tab already open on YouTube. Confused, you pressed play on the video, turning the subtitles on. The person in the video signed out the exact same sentence Dick had signed to you at the end of every lesson.

You signed back, out of habit, then the subtitles appeared, showing the meaning of it. 'I've loved you forever.'

You smiled. 'I've always loved you.' You signed, thinking of Dick.

----------------------------------------------

Yep. Short and cheesy. I try fluff, it never works out *sobs quietly in a corner*.

Stay crash,
Goldfinch67