Chapter 9

I arrived back home and I took another shower this way I was fully prepared for a long night. I was excited more than ever to see Niall tonight. I wanted to look my best hoping something more would happen tonight. I was still thinking of what he said earlier about going as friends. I was not sure whether or not he was leading me on or if he didn't want to hint at the fact he wanted to be more. I mean it's not like he knows I wanna be more than friends. Or does he....?

After I finished up in the shower I curled my hair to make it extra special for tonight. I applied my lip gloss, eyeliner and mascara before I put on my dress. I slipped into my dress and wipped away any creases left. I put on my heels, stood up and took one last look at myself. As I looked in the mirrior I thought to myself, after tonight everything could change.

The doorbell rang and my mom let Niall in. As I walked down the stairs I could see Niall's eyes light up and a smile was on that beautiful face.

"Rebecca, you looked absolutely beautiful."

"You're not looking so bad yourself." I said to Niall as I winked at him.

My mom, of course, wanted to take a few pictures. I swear it was like prom. I was so nervous. When Niall put his arms around my waist I didn't want him to let go.

As we finished up with pictures I saw a limo outside with all the boys peaking their heads out the windows. I loved the boys; they always put a smile on my face. I carefully got into the limo and as we pulled away Niall interlocked his fingers with mine. This moment couldn't get any better

We arrived to the gala 30 minutes later. I could already see the paparazzi flashing their cameras outside the car windows. I was getting such butterflies in my stomach. I didn't know what the paparazzi were going to say, think or do. I didn't want to be bombarded with questions. Niall and I were just friends and I think that's how he wanted it to be and stay.

Niall held my held and guided me into the ballroom and I could already hear their music blasting from the dj's speakers. I was ready to have fun and dance the night away with Niall.

There was then an auction during the gala which I am not sure why. The boys were bidding on different things such as boats, cars and electronics. Nothing to my surprise. The next thing I knew the boys went on stage to perform. They of course sang their new hit, One Thing. This was one of my favorites from the album.

Before I knew it they were half way through the song and the boys stopped singing but the music continued. I thought maybe something was up with their microphones. All of the sudden Niall speaks into his microphone and says,

"There's a special girl I brought here with me tonight. I need her to come up on stage right now."

All of the sudden as Niall pointed to me a spotlight was flashed in my face. I squinted my eyes and protected my face from the light. I picked up the bottom of my dress and slowly walked toward the stage. My heart dropped and fell out of my ass. Why the hell was I called up onto stage?

"Everyone, this is my dear friend Rebecca. We met a couple years back just before the lads and I had become one direction. We have had our ups and downs but I've always had a special place in my heart for her. And there's something I need to ask Rebecca tonight."

What the fuck. No, just no. This was not happening in front of everyone. He wouldn't do this he didn't like to speak out publically like this with our friendship.

"Rebecca, I know I have been quite the jerk but I have never felt this way before for a girl. And I want the entire world to know how I feel. Would you let me take you on a proper date and call you my girlfriend?"

I was speechless. I stood there and glanced around the room at the 600 pairs of eyes staring at me. I was frozen.