Chapter 19

It took me awhile to readjust my eyes to the light. I was so disappointed that now I had to think of a plan off the spot. This wasn't going to be a walk in the park. I grabbed my carry-on bags off the cabinets of the plane and got off to go to luggage claim. It took forever for my luggage to come around. I was starving and ready to get on the road.

As I lifted the latch to the handle on my suitcase and started to walk away I heard a girl yell, "Oh my god, it's her!" I was quiet curious to know who "her" was and I immediately turned around to see some teenage girl in a "I love Niall Horan" t-shirt pointing at me. I didn't know what to think, she probably knew who I was because I was Niall's ex. I wasn't in the mood to receive hate or anything.

"Look if you're here to bash on-" I was then interrupted right away by her.

"Oh my gosh! You're you're Rebecca.... You and Niall are the cutest couple together. How are you guys!? I heard he flew out to the beach but I was surprised you weren't with him. What am I saying, that's probably why you're here. Oh I'm Grace by the way!"

"Hi, Grace! I'm Rebecca. And actually I'm not sure if you've heard but Niall and I are currently no longer dating..." I said as a tear started to form in my eyes. It killed me to tell some stranger that we weren't together.

"I can't believe you're not together anymore! You're his princess and everyone knows it! I mean c'mon didn't you see that video he posted on YouTube?" A video? What video? This is was I get for not frequently checking my mentions on twitter or anything showing me links to these things.

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea what video you're talking about."

"You haven't seen THE video. No wonder you're so lost. You must watch it ASAP. Just go on YouTube when you can and type in 'Nialler's Princess'. Is this why Niall has been in the hiding at the beach. Cause he was seen walking on the Boulevard and he wouldn't take pictures, sign autographs or anything."

Well this just isn't like Niall. He always would stop and take pictures or if he didn't want to at least sign autographs. But this video, when was it posted and why didn't he tell me about it?

"When was this video posted? Because I honestly have no clue about it. and Niall isn't the guy that usually blows fans off. I'm sorry if he did that to you, it wasn't intentional."

"That's alright! I understand everyone needs a break sometimes. But the video I believe was posted yesterday? It's been blowing up everywhere, tumblr, twitter, facebook you name it!"

"Well I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about this video! I will watch it immediately. But I don't mean to be rude but I need to go rent a car and be on my way!"

"Thanks so much for actually talking to me! You'd think One Direction's girlfriends wouldn't but no, you're different and everyone knows it. I hope you and Niall work out your problems."

I guess people weren't informed of Liam and I's one night together. So in the video I'm assuming that he didn't rat me out. Or if he did, the girl was too afraid to tell me and just wanted me to find out on my own.

I went up to the "Rent-A-Car" counter and rented a Volkswagen Jetta for the next 2 weeks. I didn't know how long I'd be here but I wanted to have a car I could enjoy. I walked out to my car and loaded my bags into the trunk. I drove off to get a bite to eat at the closest McDonald's. Now I'm not one big on fast food but I was starving and needed something to eat ASAP.

I went through the Drive-Thru and order chicken nuggets, fries and a water bottle. I decided to eat in the car so I could check out this video. I grabbed my iPhone out of my purse and unlocked it to go onto YouTube. I typed in Niall's Princess to see what all the fuss was about.

Before I could press play to the video, I took a deep breath worried at what he must have said about me.

"Hello fellow Directioners! How is everyone tonight? Now I'm sure all of you have heard about my gir- I mean ex- girlfriend, Rebecca. Well I want to let you know what happened between us is going to remain between us. Please ignore everything in the tabloids. It's extremely annoying for accusations to be made of not only me but of her. Yes, we may have broken up but that doesn't mean I wouldn't care about what's said about her. Now, I don't know where she is right now or if she will even see this, but I have a mission for all of you, I need you to get the word out of this video because I need her to meet me at the Hilton hotel on Friday at 8:00 p.m. I talked to the boys and they told me she was on her way here to California. Now whether this is true or not, I do not know. But if she meets me here I will know that she still cares and what happened before meant nothing but if she doesn't then I will know it's really over. Now I know I broke up with her but part of me is telling me it was a mistake. There's part of me that wants to go back to it all. I hope you guys all get the word out ASAP so she sees this. Thank you all so much for all the support and love! Love you guys! Hopefully we'll all know the end result soon."

HOLY SHIT. This just wasn't happening. I replayed the video 3 times to make sure what I was hearing was true. I couldn't believe it. He did miss me, Lou and Haz were right. I checked my clock, shit it was already 6:30 and the worst part was it was Friday.

I rushed out of the McDonald's parking lot calling my hotel to see if I was ready to check in. I was rushing to the hotel as fast as I could. I finally reached the hotel after 45 minutes of traffic and driving. Now that it was already 7:15 I just threw my bags in my room and quickly touched up my hair and makeup. I needed to show him I could still look my best. The next thing I knew it was 7:25 and I had a 30 minute drive so I would be cutting it extremely close.

I sprinted out to my car and drove as fast as I could, without being pulled over by the cops of course. I put on music as a distraction to make myself not think about the time. My heart was racing and I was getting so annoyed with the traffic. It was red light after red light. I was not how you'd say, happy.

I looked at my watch to see it was already 8:05 and I was 5 minutes away from the hotel. I tried calling Niall hoping he would answer. His phone went to voicemail. I must have called 13 times but still no answer.

I finally pulled up into the Hilton hotel where I quickly hopped out of my car and tossed my keys to the man parking all the cars. It was already 8:10 by now and I was afraid he was gone. I rushed up to the front desk of the lobby.

Out of breath I quickly said, "Have you seen a blond, blue-eyed Irish boy about this tall?"

"Well there was one over there out by the deck overlooking the ocean, but I'm afraid he might have left already."

No, no I didn't just blow my last shot there was no way. I ran out to the deck looking all over calling Niall's name left and right. After 10 minutes of looking I gave up, he was gone really gone.

Before I knew it I started walking out back into the lobby of the hotel to leave. I couldn't believe I had just lost him. I knew that if I didn't show up he really would never talk to me again. As I started to walk out, my head was down looking at my phone to tell Lou and Harry that he was gone and I didn't make it in time when all of the sudden, out of no where I bumped into somebody.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! This is what I get for texting and not looking at where I'm going."

"It's okay no- oh, my god, Rebecca?"

"Ni-Niall...?"