Chapter 21

Ethan, Emily, and Jason were meeting up for lunch the next day. They've started going to the same diner every other Saturday for lunch since they turned fifteen. It just so happened to be the same place Steve and her went to when Bucky and Natasha told him they were dating. Jason was sitting in a booth already when Emily slid into the seat next to him, wearing her hair pinned up into a baseball cap and sunglasses as her disguise. Just like her parents, she took to the old baseball cap and glasses as a disguise so no one would figure out who she is.

Emily never liked the paparazzi. But since she was the daughter of Tony Stark, a living relative of Steve Rogers, and the child of the Superduo themselves, Emily always had the cameras pointed at her. Most of the time, the disguise worked. It was rare that anyone got a picture of the eldest Stark child unless she was beating up a super villain.

"Hey doll." He greeted. Emily smiled. "I saw what you did on the news yesterday." He said as he wrapped his arm around her waist. Emily raised an eyebrow.

"Oh you did, did you?" She asked, running her metal fingers through his blonde hair. Jason chuckled.

"Sure did! The more important question is, who didn't? You were on the news!" Ethan cheered as he slid into the seat across from the couple. Emily brought a finger to her lips, shushing the younger boy, before rolling her eyes.

"Oh great." She muttered under her breath. "The whole world watched me punch a god in the face." Jason chuckled as he brought her closer to him.

"But you knocked Loki out all by yourself." Jason added. "That's awesome!" Emily glared at the blonde.

"Thanks you two." She said through clenched teeth. "That helps so much." Ethan smiled enthusiastically at the other brunette. A waitress came by and took their order. By now everyone just knew what the three teens wanted, just it was still protocol to take everyone's order. Ethan smiled enthusiastically at the other brunette.

"So." Jason spoke up. Emily, who playing with the straw in her tea, looked up at him. "It looked like Loki was hitting on you." Emily squinted at him.

"What?" She asked. Ethan snorted as he was taking a sip of his Sprite so some of it came out of his nose.

"It sounded like he was flirting with you." Jason repeated. Emily smirked and raised an eyebrow, moving closer in the seat to the blonde.

"Is someone. . ." She trailed off before whipping her head in his direction. "Jealous?" She deadpanned. Jason's eyes widened slightly. Ethan watched in amusement at the two. Don't get him wrong, Ethan was over the moon supportive of his friends' relationship. He just wished that it was him and Jason not Emily and Jason at times. But those two were amazing together so he never brought up his crush on the blonde.

"What? No!" Jason was quick to respond. Emily nodded slowly.

"Mhm, sure." She agreed, turning back to her straw before picking up the cup and drinking from it. "I love you and only you. No god will ever get in the way of that." Jason smiled faintly.

"I love you too." He whispered. The food came over and the three teens dig into their meals, their previous conversation becoming forgotten. Halfway through the meal, Ethan finally spoke up.

"So, um, I-" He stuttered. Emily and Jason looked to him softly. He sighed. "This might not be the best time to say this but, I have something to tell you." Emily and Jason nodded.

"Shoot." She said, motioning for him to continue. "The spotlight's on you." Ethan shook his head slightly, playing with one of the fries on his plate.

"I'd feel more comfortable telling you two back at the tower. Can we go there after lunch?" Emily nodded, extending her hand out and lightly touching Ethan's.