Chapter 69

"Oh my lordy." Hattie smiles as she walks toward them as they came into her diner. "Look at you."

She reaches up with her tiny hands and places them on each side of Tim's face.

Tim smiles down at her. This little lady meant so much to him and Austin. She was like their second mother.

"You are so handsome." She smiles.

Tim chuckles and blushes slightly. "Thanks, Hattie."

"Just to let you know, Honey, Bob is here eating." Hattie says quietly.

"Yeah, I saw his truck." Tim nods. 

"Well, Mark usually stops by a little while before closing to carry me home. Just in case trouble starts." She says as she gets them some menus.

"We'll be alright." Tim says as he takes Adam by the hand and follows Hattie to a large table.

"Y'all order whatever you want. I'm buying." Rob says as he opens the menu.

"Wow." Tim says softly looking at the menu.

"Is something wrong?" Adam asks leaning into him.

"No, I can actually see the fine print." Tim smiles.

They ordered their food and as the food arrived they begin to eat in a nice relaxed atmosphere. Laughing and talking over the delicious meal.

After finishing his meal, Tim starts getting up. "I gonna go to the bathroom." He whispers to his boyfriend.

"Be careful." Adam replies, knowing he would have to pass by Bob's table.

"Yes, Mother." Tim smirks and kisses Adam on the forehead.

Tim passes by Bob without even looking his way. He goes to the bathroom and takes care of business. As he is washing his hands, he hears the door open behind him. He glances up into the mirror in front of him, really expecting to see his enemy but instead he see the smirk of his little brother.

Tim chuckles and shakes his head.

"I'm not blind anymore, Little Brother. I don't need an escort." Tim smiles as he reaches for some towels to dry his hands.

"I just didn't think you wanted me to give you this in front of Adam." Austin says as he pulls a small black velvet box out of his pocket.

Tim's smile widens as he sees the box.

"Bless you, my child." He grins as he reaches for the box. "It's hard to go ring shopping when your boyfriend won't leave your side for two minutes."

"You complaining?" Austin smiles, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Definitely not." Tim smirks as he opens the box. "Wow! Austin, good job! This is beautiful!"

"So when you gonna asks him?" Austin asks, raising his brow

"If things go as plan, tomorrow." Tim smiles as he slips the ring box into his pocket.

"I'm so happy for you, Bro." Austin smiles and hugs his older brother's neck.

*** meanwhile, back at the table ***

Everyone has become involved in separate conversations. Adam sits quietly as he listens in. He feels someone drop something into his jacket pocket.

He looks around to see brother Chris smile and wink at him before getting into a conversation with Jenika.

Adam reaches into his pocket and smiles when he feels a small velvet box. He slips it out of his pocket and holds it under the table so no one would see.

His eyes widen and his mouth drops as he looks at the beautiful ring.

"Oh my God." He whispers, quickly closing the box and slipping it back into his pocket. He looks around at Chris. 

Chris cuts his eyes around at his little brother as he takes a drink from his beer.

"That's perfect. And will look awesome on Tim's finger." Adam whispers with a huge smile.

Chris winks as he continues to drink his beer.

~~

As Tim and Austin are leaving the bathroom, Tim glances over at Bob's table. His eyes meeting Bob's.

"Well, hello there four-eyes." Bob says with a smirk.

Tim stops in his tracks.

"Come on, Tim." Austin says as he nervously looks toward their table, hoping maybe to catch someone's eye. "He's just trying to start some sh*t."

Tim slowly turns around, leaning over and placing his hands on Bob's table.

"The reason I'm wearing these glasses is to see my lover's beautiful smile better and his gorgeous blue eyes." Tim smiles but his smile quickly fades. "But, without them, I can still see well enough to kill your ugly *ss. The hourglass is just about empty. Who knows, this could actually be your last supper. Enjoy your meal."

Tim gives a fake smile then continues his way to the table.

Austin quietly breathes a sigh of relief.

As they walk back to the table, they see Mark standing at the table. His dark eyes watching the event at Bob's table.

"Problems?" Mark asks in a low voice.

"Naw." Tim smiles as he sits down next to Adam, laying his arm across the back of Adam's chair. 

Mark rolls this eyes and pulls up a chair to sit down.

"Tim. The words 'Bayou Bob' and 'Problems' are always related." Mark says, giving Hattie a quick smile as she hands him a beer.

"Nothing I can't handle." Tim replies.

He looks around the table at all the worried expressions.

"Hey, for real." Tim chuckles as he reaches for a beer. "I was just saying a friendly, hello."

************

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT!!

One more chapter left of "Crazy Life" but keep a look out for "CRAZY LIFE 2" !!!!