Christmas Day

I fluttered my eyes open and I look outside my window to see snow falling!

Wait. What day is it? I look at my phone to see the date. December, 25, 2013. No way!

I get up as I'm still in my pajamas and run to everybody's room.

"Wake up. It CHRISTMAS!" I yelled.

"Last one down the stairs is a......loser!" I said as everybody walked out the room. I ran downstairs to see a boat load of presents under the tree.

"Woah." I said.

Zuri came down second. "Yay! Santa came." She said. I never believed in Santa. But I didn't want to crush her dreams. "He sure did." I said.

Luke came down third.

"It's already Christmas?" Luke said.

"Yea!" Zuri said.

After a while everybody came downstairs. Ravi and Bertram came in a tie for last place downstairs.

"I guess both of you his are losers." U said to them.

"Ha. That won't make a difference in their lives." Emma said.

"Ok let's dig in!" Zuri said.

Everybody went scrambling threw presents. Zuri, as usual, got a whole bunch if stuffed animals. She got a teddy bear and went crazy!

"This could be chubby the bears girlfriend." Zuri said.

Ravi opened his presents and got a lot of math stuff. Ms.Kipling opened her present. Well, She practically teared it up. But she got a lot of......bugs? That's not creepy at all (note the sarcasm.).

Luke got a bunch of video games. I'm the one who got his favorite game. He was pretty excited.

Emma got some girly stuff. Like make up. And jewelry and dresses.

I opened a few things. I got a new phone, new tablet, and a new laptop. I was shocked because I knew a lot of this was expensive. Everybody pitched their own money in it. I was very grateful. Everybody got me a gift except for Luke. Not like a cared though. He already gave me a promise ring. I couldn't expect nothing else.

"Val. Your present from me is upstairs. Follow me." Luke said.

We left the family downstairs and ran upstairs. We walked in his room a and he pulled out a note.

"Read it out loud." Luke said.

I opened the note.

"Dear Val,

I just started writing this note the minute we became friends. I had a real big crush in you the first time we meet in the hallway. You were smart, caring, and beautiful. I didn't know what to say at first.

Finally we started the talent show together and I was really happy because we could spend more time with each other. That first time we kissed was amazing. I thought you didn't like me in that way though. But you did. And I just fell more in love with you.

I would never do anything to lose you.

Look up." I said out loud. Look up? I looked up from the paper and Luke shoved his lips on to mine. My best Christmas Gift all time. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we continued the kiss. We pulled back for air.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Luke said. We pulled in for a tight hug.

"Let's go back downstairs." Luke said. I nodded my head. We walked downstairs holding hands.