Val's Birthday

1 week later...

I'm finally out of the hospital. I can now walk around. I'm just wrapped up in bandages around my whole body. Just the lower part by my waist.

The cops are still on the case on finding out who caused the shooting and the people who did it. I still can't think of why anybody would go that far to almost kill me.

Anyways, today is my birthday! I'm 14-years-old. Im having a birthday/ Recovery party at the penthouse. A new age, a new way to live. The bad thing is is that Luke hasn't woken up from his coma. I don't want to spend my birthday without him. Now that I can walk, I can actually go see him.

I went to the his hospital room and walked quietly in. I see him laying down in the hospital bed. He looks dead to be honest. But his heart meter thing is on so I know that's not true. I walk up to him and hold his hand.

"Luke, if you can hear this, just know that I love you and I hope you wake up as soon as possible so I can give you a big hug and a kiss. I don't know what I would do without you. I would probably be in California by now if it weren't for you." I said to him as tears ran down my cheek. I then gave him a kiss on the cheek. I sighed and sat in the chair next to his bed.

I was going to have to leave in 10 minutes, so I can get ready for the party. So I'm just going to spend these past few moments right next to him. Praying.

10 minutes later I got up left the hospital. Jessie picked me up. I gave my mom the money so we wouldn't move before she left. She thanked Cristina. So we are officially not moving. She also got a better job so we can move into a house closer to the penthouse.

We arrived at the penthouse. I'm going to try to be as happy as I can be. I don't want to ruin my birthday thinking about Luke too much. I got dressed into something better. I was ready for the party. I basically invited all of my friends here.

I went downstairs. As I got to the bottom people popped out of nowhere and yelled surprise.

"Uhh, I already knew you guys were throwing me a birthday party." I said.

"Oh. I forgot it was a surprise. I wasn't supposed to tell you." Jessie said. Everybody did a faceplam.

"Well let's get this party started!" Zuri yelled. Everybody went to the roof. Thats where we were having the party. There was a DJ, balloons, cake. The cake was beautiful. It was chocolate, my favorite. I just stared at it.

"Val, what are you doing?" Jake asked. I quickly turned around.

"Oh nothing." I said.

"Ok weirdo." Jake said.

I walked away from the cake when I heard people chanting "ROCKY! ROCKY!".

CeCe and Rocky were doing a dance battle. I moved my way into the front so I could see better. They were killing it. I wouldn't know who would have won because they are both good.

"Hey Val, you should go over there and dance too." Bradley said.

"No, I couldn't. I haven't dance in a while. I might be rusty." I said teasing him. Just in a friendly way

"Come on. You're still great at dancing. Just get out there and prove it." Bradley said.

"Fine." I said. I still love dancing and all but I don't wanna show off. I waited after Rocky and CeCe were done. I didn't have anybody to dance with though. I got it there and dances anyway.

I started off with some spins and one front flip. The crowd was getting wild already. So I did this trick where I would put one hand on the floor like a handstand and spin around. My side was hurting from doing that so I just stood up and did some basic moves and easy tricks. They didn't notice.

"VAL! VAL! VAL!" The crowd chanted. I kept dancing until I was really tired. I got out off of the dance floor. Everbody else just started dancing to the music that the DJ was playing.

"See, it was'nt so hard." Bradley said. I playfully hit him on his shoulder.

"So, how's Luke doing?" Bradley asked.

"He's still in a coma. I don't want to talk about it." I said.

"Sorry." Bradley said.

"It's okay. I'm curious too." I said. After that he stared into my eyes and I fell him leanly closer. It was going to fast for me to react. He kissed me on my lips. And the he quickly pulled back.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I just-I just. I got to go." Bradley said then ran out of the building. I can't believe he just kissed me. Luckily nobody saw because we were behind the crowd. I don't even know what to do now. Should I tell someone? I can't tell Luke beause he's in a coma. You know what, I'm goging to handle it myself this time. No more running to somebody for help. I can do this by myself. I was going to go catch up with him but Nick and Jake pulled me to the table with the cake on it.

"It's to blow out the birthday candles." Jessie said. She let the candles that were made to say "14". I counted to three and blew them out. My wish was I want Luke to be out of hs coma. People kept telling me what I asked for. They should know. I mean, come on. It's my boyfriend.

Now there was no time to catch up with Bradley.He's probably at his house by now. I don't want to show up there unexpected. And espicaally with his mom there. Well, he's going to have to talk to me some time.We do have court in a couple of weeks.

I just got some cake. I don't know if I could handle all this pressure. I have court, Luke's in a coma, Bradley kissed me. I just can't handle all of this. I just need to relaxe, but I don't now how to. After this party I'm going straight to sleep. Becausee I keep going to sleep late like 3 in the morning. I got to change that. Maybe I can get a massage at the SPA. I haven't been there in a while. I just relized that it's almost been a year since I've been here. And it's alost been a year that my and Luke have been dating. I really hope he's awake by then. That's very important in our relationship. I just need a break from all of this.

I skipped the rest of the party and went downstairs. It was only 9pm. I'm just so tired. I went into my bed and fell asleep.

______________________________________________________________________

Hey, Jessians! Did you like the chapter? If you did vote and comment. This chapter toke forever to finish.

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 13. I got a laptop and some clothes and shoes. That's all I really wanted.

Happy birthday to anybody else that had their birthday last week or this week.

I'm getting close to 100 followers. Ig you don't already you should follow me. And I'm already at 70k reads! yay. I'm so close to 100k.

That's pretty much it.

See you TUESDAY, JESSIANS.