IM MOVING?!? Pt.1

---Later on that night---

After me and Luke left the theater it was around 7. The sun was a little bit out.

We reached the penthouse and went up the elevator. The elevator opened and Jessie popped out of no where.

"Ahh!!!" Luke and I said jumping.

"Calm down. Its just me." Jessie said.

Luke was breathing really hard. Jessie must have scared the air out of him.

"Don't ever do that again, please." Luke said.

"Sorry. Val you have a visitor in the kitchen." Jessie said then running back in the kitchen.

"A visitor?" I said.

"You want me to come with you." Luke said.

"No, it's okay. It's probably nothing anyways." I said.

"Okay. Meet me upstairs in my room after your done." Luke said then running downstairs.

I walked in the kitchen and I saw a lady sitting on the chair talking to Jessie. Wait, is that....

My Mom.

"Mom?" I said.

"Val. Come here, sweetie." She said reaching her arms to give me a hug. I gave her a hug.

"Why are you doing here?" I said letting go.

"Jessie, can me and Val have a minute alone?" My mom said.

Jessie nodded and walked out the kitchen.

"I found a place. It's affordable and you can come back and not have to stay with the Ross family." My mom said.

"Where is it?" I said.

"....In California." My mom said.

"What?!? We can't move to Cali. We've been here for only 9 months. Not even a year, yet. And I love staying with the Ross family." I said.

"Honey. It's to expensive here in New York. And you can make new friends." My mom said trying to comfort me.

"No! What about me and Luke? Mom, I-I love him." I said escaping her hold.

"You don't know what love is. You're only 13." My mom said getting angry.

"I'm turning 14 in 2 months, mom. And I have court in 2 months." I said.

"Court? I didn't know about this. Val, what did you do?" My mom said.

"It wasn't my fault. It's a long story. These boys have been trying to attack me and my friends. The cops came and we have to go to court." I said.

"Fine. After court, and I hope you win, we are leaving New York." My mom said.

"Mom, please!" I said.

"Valerie, I'm done talking. I got to get back home." My mom said.

"You know I don't like that name, mom." I said.

"Val. We will talk more about this soon." My mom said. She left. I immediately started crying and I ran into my room.

Why? She could still stay here and I can still live with the Ross family. I don't want to leave. I don't know what to do anymore!

I cried my eyeballs out until someone came knocking on the door. I got out of the bed and opened the door. Luke was standing with a smile until he saw how sad I was.

"Val, whats wrong?" Luke asked walking in and closing the door behind him.

"My mom said we have to move." I said.