Chapter 22: Home Plate

(time skip)

I wake up to warmth surrounding my body. I opened my eyes slowly-- the sky was dark, I can see the stars. It looked peaceful. I hear twigs snap. I sat up qucikly-- feeling pain in my arm. Oh shit, I forgot it ws broken. It was warpped around hanging on some sheet to support it.

(MacCready)- " Easy, you're arm is healing." I hear MacCready's voice behind me walking towards the fire.

(y/n)- " It's not broken?"

(MacCready)- " Oh, it was, really bad. I used two stimpaks to heal you and I gave you some arm support." He did this to my arm, He took care of me. I'm glad you helped me but I feel like I'm now a burden to MacCready too.

(y/n)- "Where are we?"

(MacCready)- " camping out. We'll head back to Diamond City tomorrow. You should get some rest." as he sits on the ground, throwing small twigs in the fire.

(y/n)- " So...we got the gunners" I faintly chuckle.

(MacCready)- " Yeah. That should send a message to the Gunners to stay off my back"

(y/n)- " Sooner or later-- they'll know we did it, right?"

(MacCready)- " They lost that interchange-- they have no way of knowing we were involved. Anyway, I guess I owe you a favor now. After all you guys hired me but I'm the one that dragged you out here."

(y/n)- " Well, I wasn't about to let you have all this fun alone" I chuckle again.

(MacCready)- " So breaking your arm is fun to you?" he smirks.

(y/n)- " I was being sarcastic"

(MacCready)- " Glad you enjoyed it" as he laughs. This is a moment were having, MacCready and I. At first we hated each other and look at us now-- becoming somewhat friends. Its different but if we can be like this all the time, it would be nice

(MacCready)- " Tell you what. I'm goning to give you back the caps you paid me in Goodneighbor. I'll still stick with you because that was the part of the original deal, but now were even. There you go. Now, get some sleep" He hands be the caps that Ash gave him, He's giving us the caps and yet hes still gonna stick by our side. Is this him being nice or just being even? Eitherway, He's still gonna stick with us. I layed back down-- slowly to not cause my arm any pain. I close my eyes to get some sleep.

(time skip)

We left early morning, My arm was still being supported-- it would hurt when I jump down something, damn this. The sun was brightly shinning down on us-- My head was burning. I felt shade and my head feeling protected. MacCready placed his Green hat on my head.

(MacCready)-  "It'll shade you from the sun" he says as he continues but I slowed down to process how nice he's being. Its weird!

After a good wile we see the entrance back at Diamond City. We enter on in, I feel safe again-- back in the zone. We walked down to the center of the markets. Everything seemed normal. We were probably just gone a day. We drew closer to power noodles, There I see a familiar body shape. He turns around and it's Ash, he did not look happy.

(y/n)- " Ash?"

(Ash)- " (y/n), jesus christ where have you been? Where did you guys go? What the fuck happened to you?"

(MacCready)-  "I asked her for help, She pulled through."

(Ash)- " Help? With what?"

(y/n)- " Helped him with the Gunners" Ash looked angry as hell. He punched MacCready in the jaw. He just took that hit and accepted it. Security and other people were lookingthis way.

(Ash) - " You put her in danger when your job is supposed to be protecting her?! She's hurt because of you"

(MacCready)- " I know"

(Ash)- " What were you two thinking?" looking at MacCready then towards me.

(y/n)- " He needed help-- you weren't here to help him. He taught me to fire a rifle and we took down those Gunners. Yeah, I'm hurt but I'll be okay.. MacCready protected me-- so everything's fine. Everything's okay." I say trying to calm the situation. Ash takes a deep breath and sighs.

(Ash)- " Okay...I'm not mad, Just...*Sigh* don't do that ever again" he says as he came towards me with open arms. He held me close to his chest. He must have been really worried. He lets me go and faces MacCready

(Ash)- " Sorry for hitting you, you all right?"

(MacCready)- " I can take a few punches" as they both shake on it. I'm glad everything is okay.

( Ash)- " Since you're back, I got a surprise for you. I thought I'd be good for your safety"

(y/n)- " Ash, when I get laid out here are you gonna protect me from that too?"

(Ash)- " I just might"

(MacCready)- " Gross."

(y/n)- " What? Him protecting me from that?"

(MacCready)- " No, whoever's gonna get laid with you" That Dick, such a......

(y/n)- " What happened to that deal huh?"

(MacCready)- " Hey--- I paid you back, plus we agreed not to tell him, but since he found out that's off now"

(y/n)- " Asshole"

(Ash)- " See this whole adventure you guys had brought you closer together"

(y/n)-" It didn't"

(Ash)- " Anyways, follow me" I follow ash and he lead us passed the Power Noodles place, the Mega Surgery, and Chem-I-Care. Where is he leading us? Pass all those markets, there was a red door. Ash stood in front of it and turned around to face us.

(Ash)- " Ready?"

(y/n)- " Ready for what?" Ash turns aorund using keys to open the door. He opens the door and lets me enter first. It was dark but it was like a storage room in here. It was decent size.

(y/n)- " What is this?"

(Ash)- " It's your new home. Well...our new home"

Ash got us a home in Diamond City! Oh my lanta....

(Ash)- " You can decorate the home if you like'd"

(y/n)- " Fuck yes, Thank you ash" as I hug him tightly but hurt my arm in process.