Chapter 45: Just the two of us

(1 week later)

Back home in Sanctuary. Feels weird being outside a lot, but is a bright and shining morning, just like the old days. I looked to the power armor station, Ash has been patching up the power armor suit. He's gonna be using it to get through The Glowing Sea...I really want to go but he wants to go himself, I can't stop him.

(Sturges)- " Hey,brought breakfast. Mutfruit and some water" he hands out to me.

(y/n)- " Thanks, Sturges"

(Sturges)- " Any time darlin' "

I walk over to Ash who was wiping his hands off with a rag, admiring the power amor. He heard me coming.

(Ash)- " What do you think?"

(y/n)- " Looks great. Here, you need to eat" I say handing him the mutfruit and water"

(Ash)- " What about you?"

(y/n)- " I'm fine"

He nodes and takes the food, he starts to eat. Good. he's gonna need the strength.

(y/n)- " When are you heading out?"

(Ash)- " Now, I just finished"

(y/n)- " Already? I thought I would have a little bit of more time"

(Ash)- " You're not coming with me, I told you already"

(y/n)- "Fine, I wont bring it up anymore"

(Ash)- " I'm doing this because if something happens to me out there, you will be here , alive to continue to finding shaun."

(y/n)- " Nothing's gonna happen to you"

(Ash)- " You say that now, but wait till I come back with no arms"

I punched him in the shoulder, I don't want him joking like that. I still chuckled though..

(Ash)- " I'll be fine, kid." he messes up my hair again.

(y/n)- " Stop."

(Ash)- " I won't stop that, not till I'm dead"

(y/n)- " Which isn't for a long time"

(Ash)- " Thats right. I should start heading out...It'll be a long travel for me"

(y/n)- " How long will you be gone?"

(Ash)- " Couple weeks maybe?"

(y/n)- " Oh shit..."

(Ash)- " You don't have to stick around here you can go home if you want, just take MacCready with you"

(y/n)- " Do I have any other choice?"

(Ash)- " Where is he by the way?"

(y/n)- "Somewhere, I'll go look for him. Have a safe trip...be careful and don't talk to strangers"I say hugging him

(Ash)- " Yeah, yeah"

I walk away heading down the block searching for MacCready. Where is he? I see Preston Garvey making perimeter searches, maybe he'll know.

(y/n)- " Preston, do you know where MacCready is at?"

(Preston)- "Last time I saw him, he was over that house" he points down the block. Passed Nora and Ash's house....right next to mine. Why my house?

(y/n)- "Thanks"

I go off heading towards my old home. Haven't been here in a while.....I wonder if everything is the same, The Minutemen could have moved in here. I reached the doorway, I entered in slowly-- I didn't want to catch MacCready doing....things. He wasn't in the living room, it was still a mess in my old home, took me forever to get this house cleaned....I heard a noise coming from my old bedroom. I walked in further going through the hall. I peeped into the bedroom to find MacCready. He was staring at something in his hand.

(y/n)-" What're you doing here?"

(MacCready)- " Just checking for caps. So, you lived here, next to them?"

(y/n)- " Yeah..."

(MacCready)- " Must've been nice"

(y/n)- " It was"

(MacCready)- " I'm curious, who's this guy?" he lifts up his hand showing a burnt photo. What is that?

(y/n)- " What guy?" I went into the room, he showed me the photo... It was of him! What the hell! I thought I got rid of every photo!

(y/n)- " Where did you find that!" I tried to snatch it, but MacCready raised his arm up-- I couldn't reach it

(MacCready)-" Was this someone who could actually stand you?" he chuckles and smirks

(y/n)- " No.....someone I hate..."

(MacCready)- " If you hate them, why keep a photo hidden?"

(y/n)- " Forget it, keep it....whatever" I walked out of the house and was back outside. MacCready followed me after.

(MacCready)- " Did Ash leave?"

(y/n)- " Yeah"

(MacCready)-" Should we have our own adventure now?"

(y/n)- " What, now?"

(MacCready)- " While he's away...let's go to Med-Tek" he wants to go now? I thought he wanted to go with Ash and I...but I guess he can't wait.

(y/n)- " Yeah...okay... let's go"