Chapter 28: Leaving 81

(time skip)

We reached back to the clinic, there stood Dr. Penske and Dr. Forsythe sitting at bedside next to Austin. Oh, I have good news for them,They saw me and they stood up so quickly. I approached them with a smile on my face-- hopefully they get it that I have good news.

(y/n)- " I got, it. Here take the cure and use it on Austin" I handed it to Dr. Forsythe, he takes it immediately and heads over to Austin. I hope this cure actually works, if it doesn't then I will make that Curie robot-- make another cure. Dr. Forsythe injects the cure into Austin. The Overseer enters the room-- she wanted to see if everything is alright. I look to MacCready who was leaning at the doorway-- not being apart of anything. I hear movement and Austin was tossing and turning-- its worked!

(Austin)- " What...where am I?"

(Dr.)- " You're in the clinic. You were sick, Austin"

(Overseer)- "Thank god he's alight"

(Dr.)- " These people from the commonwealth saved your life"

(Austin)- " Really? Gee, thanks"

(y/n)- " No problem Austin" I smile at him, he's gonna do great now.

The overseer was talking to me but I was blocking it out of my ears-- I looked towards MacCready who was just spaced out.....I am damn curious what is going on with him. If his head is not in the game, we're fucked.

(Overseer)- " Whenever you're in the neighborhood-- there will be a place here for you in vault 81. Also, I would like you to accept this gift for all that you've done. This pip boy was owned by previous friends here that are no longer with us, we save these for parts but we can spare one. What's a vault dweller without a pipboy" she hands me a pipboy-- just like Ash's, this is really cool, but I feel bad not listening to what she said before.

(y/n)- " Oh...right, thank you" she leaves, leaving me by myself, i put on the pip boy and it weighted a little heavy. Curie comes into the clinic and approaches me. She was hovering, thinking of something to say.

(curie)- " I have been trapped so many years. I believe it's customary to thank you for your role in saving me. My entire life had been in this vault. I have analyzed and learned everything there is to know here--"

(y/n)- " Get to the point please?"

(curie)- "I want to join you out in the commonwealth"

(y/n)- " I would for you to accompany me but as you can see I already have a follow as it is, but this vault can use a medical robot like yourself"

(Curie)- " I would like to help the people-- I'll shall be here if you change your mind" she hovers away, I feel bad but having MacCready is enough.....

(MacCready)- " Can we go home now?"

(y/n)- " Yes, you whiner"