Chapter 29: Tomorrow For Sure...

(time skip)

Got to Diamond City, it was dark-- late, I'm just ready to get into bed. Suns gonna be up in a few hours. I looked at my left wrist-- I got myself a pipboy! Thanks to the Overseer in 81, Now I can do shit. I don't know what kind of shit but do something. The markets were closed, security were still moving around-- nothings gonna happen in Diamond City......besides that one time when someone thought his brother was a synth. I got to the entrance of our house-- and there to greet us by the door was Dogmeat! Ash turns the corner and leans on a wall to see us, smiling at me.

(y/n)- " Oh my god! Dogmeat! Ash when did you bring him-- I thought he was at sanctuary?"

I petted Dogmeat like crazy-- he's jumping on me and licking my hand.

(Ash)- " I was in the neighborhood, I was helping settlements today--building homes.I see you got yourself a pipboy"

(y/n)- " Oh yea-- cool right?" I was waving my arm out flashing the new thing.

(Ash)- " You didn't steal it in the vault did you?"

(y/n)- " No. They're were people happily living in there, We gave them a hand on some repairs and helped a child in need. They rewarded me with a pipboy and a place to stay"

(Ash)- " Well, I'm proud of you"

(y/n)- " Thanks dad" I joked.

MacCready walks passed us without saying a word. Ash and I look at him and each other, something was with him but no matter how many times I asked he doesn't want to talk.

(Ash)- " Did you guys fight again?"

(y/n)- " No. He woke up like that-- won't talk to me"

(Ash)- " Ahh-- he'll be alright."

(y/n)- " So I guess you didn't see the detective today?"

(Ash)- " No, just got so busy-- tomorrow for sure"