Chapter 36: Kellogg's House

(time skip)

We made it to this Kellogg guy's house. Nick was waiting there for us.

(Nick)- " Brought backup I see"

(Ash)- " She wanted to try"

(y/n)- " Ash, I got this.." I grabbed a bobby pin and screwdriver. I kneeled down so I can be level with the doorlock. I turn left, I turned right-- this lock was sure a tough one.

(MacCready)- "Do you got it or not?"

(y/n)- " Quiet! I need to focus"

(MacCready)- " Focus on what-- its a lock!"

(y/n)- " Got it" I stood up-- looking at MacCready with a sort of show off look to my face.

(Ash)- " Hell. Where did you learn to pick locks?"

(y/n)- " I wasn't always that nerdy little girl in high school, Ash" I smirked, he chuckles.

(Nick)- " Now that the doors unlocked-- let's see what kellogg has for us"

We all enter inside-- it was a small little home, perfect for murderers. Nick instructed us to spread out and look for clues. Ash and I checked upstairs but it was nothing but a bed and junk.

(Nick)- " Check everything, even that desk" he points at it. We headed back downstairs and MacCready was already inspecting the desk.

(MacCready)-"Guys.." he touches something underneath the desk. Metal scrapping were heard, a hidden secret door opens.

(Nick)- "That's one way of hiding a room."

Ash and Nick investigate the room, they started chatting. MacCready stood by me-- lighting up a cigarette.

(y/n)-"So if we catch the guy who took Ash's son, what then?"

(MacCready)- " Don't know, that's up to him" he points to Ash with the cigarette in between his fingers.

(y/n)- " When all this is over-- do you want to stay?"

(MacCready)- " Depends.."

(y/n)- " Depends on what?"

(MacCready)- " If you and Ash want me around"

(y/n)- " You do get annoying, but I don't mind you sticking around"

(MacCready)- " You still sick or something?" he says as he blows out the smoke from his mouth, he places his palm of his hand on my forehead to check if I was sick. I wasn't-- I feel fine.

(y/n)- " I'm fine"

(Ash)- " Guys.."

We focused on ash who called us. He looked really troubled.....

(MacCready)- "What's up?"

(Ash)- "Would it be crazy if I trusted a dog to sniff out this guy?"

(y/n)- " You're kidding right?" Ash didn't laugh, or grin-- nothing. He's not kidding.

(Ash)- " Nick and I think, using dogmeat-- will track him down"

(MacCready)- " I say go for it"

(y/n)- " If we got no other option, use Dogmeat" I feel a little bothered using Dogmeat-- I don't want anything to happen to him. Ash starts to head out, we follow after him-- but he suddenly stops. Something was in his way.

(Ash)- " Hey Dogmeat"

(y/n)- " What? How'd he get out. MacCready, did you even close the door?"

(MacCready)- " I don't remember"

(Ash)- " As long as he's here, here boy-- can you use this to track down Kellogg?" Ash waves an item to Dogmeat to sniff out. Dogmeat barks quietly-- I think he's got something.

(Ash)- " He's got something"

(MacCready)- " May I suggest we get suited up first"

(Ash)- "Right, we gotta be prepared"

I wanted to go already, were so very close to getting this guy-- who killed my best friend and took shaun, we will get him back and avenge Nora.