chapter six

Jake leaned back on his chair, feeling stupid to what he said. "Im sorry. I didn't mean to say that to you."

"It's okay."

He didn't say anything.

"I find it kind of cute for a guy to tell me that... even tho I'm kind of scared."

"You're scared that I'm playing you?"

She nodded slowly.

"Well, I'm not. I know this is too early, but I kind of like you."

Selena smiled. "And I kind of like you too."

"We got something in common then."

"I guess we do. Can I ask you something?" Selena asked.

He nodded.

"Is your brother, Jackson. Is he like a guy who likes to sleep around?"

"Sadly, yes, why you ask?"

Selena shook her shoulders. "I guess I was wondering."

He raised an eyebrow. "There's got to be a reason why you ask.. wait, did he ask you to sleep with him?" He said in a serious face.

Selena laughed. "No." She sighed, not knowing what to say. "Your brother slept with my best friend."

"Oh gosh. Is she pregnant?" He asked.

"I honestly don't know, but she was a mess and very upset. She was supposedly with someone, which is from Paris, but last night he followed her, trying to... well, I guess he was trying to get in her pants."

He smiled because of how she was talking. "Yeah, my brother is like that. He'll sweet talk, be romantic and just try to make it look like he's in love with them."

"Well, that's what he did. She said that they started to dance and then with that, she woke up naked. He's now calling her and won't leave her alone."

Jake sighed. "Why was I born with an idiot brother. Look, I'll go talk to him and tell him to stop it. Maybe it will be a good idea to let your friend change her number."

Selena nodded. "I'll tell her that. So, you're not nothing like him?"

"God no. Trust me, if I was, then I would've have you in the bed already -"

Selena didn't say anything.

"Okay, that sounded wrong, and now I just ruined it for us, and now you probably won't hang out with me."

Selena smiled. "It's okay."

"You want to walk around?" He asked.

"Sure."

Selena and Jake got up, and he had left a tip on the table.
They walked off out of the serendipity 3.

"Here." Jake took off his jacket and wrapped it around her.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

They walked

Throughout the whole night, Selena and Jake were walking around, and they were getting along so well.
Selena felt really great about this guy, and she couldn't stop smiling.
It was like she was falling for him, and yet she knew she was. He was falling for her.
Maybe there was a chance for them to go out, and if they did, she wouldn't want to tell Macy about it because of what happened with Jackson and her.
It was like she hated his guts, and she would tell Selena not to see this Jake guy.
So, Selena had to hide it from her.

At the end of their hangout, Jake walked her back home, and she didn't go close to her apartment.

"We can stop here," Selena said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

She nodded. "I can walk." She took his jacket off and handed it to him. "Thanks for a great night."

"No problem. Can I give you my number?" He asked.

"Sure."

They switch numbers, and with that, he kissed her cheek. "Goodnight, Selena."

And there went the butterflies. He walked off, and she smiled. She walked back to her apartment and opened her door, smiling. She shut the door and turned around.
She jumped and kind of screamed.

"Where have you been?" Macy stood there with her arms crossed to her chest. "And what about our ice cream?"

"Dang it! I forgot about it." Selena snapped her fingers.

"How do you forget about ice cream when you're going to get ice cream?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I got distracted."

"By what? A cow?" She said sarcastic.

"By a quarter."

"A quarter? And where is this quarter, Selena?" She placed her hand on her hip.

Selena took a quarter out and showed it to her. Luckily, she had a quarter on her.

"Oh."

"Had Jackson called?" Selena asked.

She nodded no. "Not yet." She walked to the couch and sat down.

"How about you change your number?"

"I could, but I would hate that because I have to redo my contacts and then have to remember my number, so I'll go with no."

"Okay, whatever you say." Selena walked to the kitchen and grabbed her a drink.
She wanted to tell her about Jackson brother, but she couldn't. She had to hold it in.
Selena walked into the living room. "Any bad luck?"

"Uh, don't bring that up!" She fell back. "No. I'm just going to stay here forever."

"Macy, that's crazy."

She looked at Selena. "No, it isn't. It's the best plan I have come up with."

Selena didn't say anything.

****

Selena was lying under the covers, and as she was, she was on the phone with Jake.

"So, she's staying with you forever?" He asked.

"Yup."

"Just because of a bad luck thing?"

"Yup. It's crazy right?"

He laughed. "Did she get any bad luck?"

"Yeah. We were at work, and well, she turned around, and this ladies food fell on her. I felt so bad for her and it was funny too."

He laughed again.

"Crap, my big toe!!" Macy cried out loud.

"What was that?" He asked.

Selena sighed. "I think Macy hit her toe. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

They hung up, and selena moved away from the covers and got up, going to Macy's room.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I hit my toe on this dumb bed! Oh my gosh, it hurts." She cried.

Selena smiled. "Suck it up."

"Thanks, best friend. Can I sleep with you?" She begged.

"Why?" Selena raised an eyebrow.

"Someone might sneak in here and steal me, or maybe a fire would start."

Selena sighed. "Fine."

Macy followed Selena into her room, and they both got into bed.

"You're helping me pay for my rent," Selena said as she turned off the light.

"As long as I can live here, then I'm okay," Macy said.

Selena didn't say anything but closed her eyes.