chapter forty three

Jake. The name ran through her mind.

"Hi," he said.

She hurry up and got back on her feet, she went back leaving a big gap in between them.
She didn't won't to be near him or even talk to him.
She had her life back on track.

He looked at her stomach, noticing it was big. "Your stomach-"

"Yeah, it's big. I'm pregnant, so what."

"Who's baby-" he paused and he pointed at his self.

She let out a laugh. "That's funny. No, it isn't your baby." Selena rolled her eyes and grab the chair and placed it back under the table. Selena walked off, heading down the stairs.

"Let me guess, I made you upset and you went off to a bar and got pregnant-"

Selena turned to look at him. "No, I'm not like you. I'm actually having a baby from someone who actually loves me." Selena started to walk off.

"Oh, it's Justin baby. Wait, he cheated on you-" he followed her.

Selena sighed and turned around to him. Her voice got louder. "What do you want from me? What, did you think you could come back and beg on your knee and tell how sorry you were? Huh? Well, you know what? I had it with people. People that breaks my heart and then tries to come back into my life-"

"Well, you let Justin back into your life, so I wanted to give it a shot."

"No, why I'm with him, it's because I love him. You have no idea what I've been through in life, so if I were you, I would leave." Selena turned and walked off.

Later that night, Selena was in her room, talking on the phone with Justin.

"So, how's work?" Selena asked.

"It's actually great. What about your job?"

Tears fell down her eyes.

"Selena?"

Selena took a deep breath. "Yeah?"

"Why are you crying?" He asked. "Is the baby okay?"

"Yeah, the baby is okay."

"Then what is it?" He wondered.

"Jake came by the library."

Justin didn't say anything.

"Please say anything, Justin." Selena wipe her tears from her face.

"Why did he come there?" He asked.

"I fell back and someone caught me and when I saw it was Jake, I moved away from him, telling him that I have my life back on track and leave alone." With that, Selena cried alittle more. "I'm just scared, Justin."

"Why's that?" He asked.

She shook her shoulders. "I don't know-"

"Yes, you do. Here, take a nap and I'll be home."

Selena nodded. "Okay."

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too."

They both hung up.
Selena laid down, placing the covers on her.
She closed her eyes, wanting to get the pain and memories that was about Jake away.
She didn't won't to think of him.
She didn't love him.
She loved Justin.

Hours passed.

Selena was asleep, but she felt someone shaking her.

"Selena, Selena," A familiar voice said as still shaking her.

Selena lightly opened her eyes, seeing Justin lean down at her.
"Justin."

"Come down stairs with me. I need to show you something." Justin took her hand and had led her down stairs.
As they got down stairs, Justin and Selena stop in the living room, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"You got a tree."

Justin smiled and walked over to the tree. "What do you think?"

"It's beautiful." Selena walked over to the tree and touched it. "I've never had a real tree here."

"Well, now you do." Justin walked up to Selena and grab her hands. "Look, about today at work about you and Jake bumping into each other. I'm not worried at all because I know that you wouldn't choose him."

"I wouldn't. I love you." Selena cried. "You're the only guy I want to spend my life with."

Justin came up to Selena and kissed her forehead. "I brought this tree for us to decorate together and plus to get him out of your head."

Selena nodded. "I love you."

He kissed her forehead one more time. "And I love you."

Through the whole night, Selena and Justin was decorating the tree. The tree was looking beautiful.
Selena had got the horrible day off of her mind, she wasn't thinking about what had happened today.

"Wow the tree looks beautiful," Selena said as going back and taking a great look at the full tree.

"It is, isn't it." Justin turned around, having the star in his hands.

"Here, let me get you a ladder," Selena said as going into the closet and grabbing one. She brought it to him.

"Let's both put it the star on there."

"Justin, did you hear what I said? I fell back, by standing on a chair." Selena looked at him.

Justin placed his hand on Selena back. "But I won't let you fall back. I got you."

Selena trusted him. They both got on the small ladder and reach the top. Both of their hands were on the star and they place it on the top.

Justin and Selena looked at each other and smiled.
After that, they put the ladder away and looked at the tree, thinking what a great job they did.
The tree was beautiful.

Selena then wrap her hands around Justin and laid her head on his chest. "I'm glad you got to make the tree with me."

Justin smiled and wrap his hands around her. "I'm glad too."

Later that night, Selena and Justin was getting ready for bed

Selena was already in bed and with that, Justin walked to Selena.

"I want to tell you something," Justin said.

"And what is it?" She asked.

"Don't work."

She raised an eyebrow. "Don't work-"

He got on the bed and looked at her. "You're pregnant and you're a girl a-and since I'm the man, I wanted to work."

"Oh, you're saying like a mother and father thing. I stay home and do house work, I cook, clean and go grocery shopping."

He nodded. "Yeah. Do you want to try that?"

"Yeah, we could. We could see how that works."

"Okay, great."

Okay, I hope y'all like this.