chapter seven

Next morning

Selena was up but was still in bed, laying up.
Macy finally opened her eyes.

"Good morning, sunshine." Selena smiled.

"Morning." She raised up. "So glad I don't have work today."

"Don't talk too soon, because the boss might call you in."

"Why would he do that?" She asked.

"Uh, bad luck."

She nodded. "Right. Do you want to go somewhere today?"

"Sure."

Macy and Selena had gotten up and got ready to leave the apartment.

"Where did you go the other day?" Macy looked at me.

Selena looked at Macy. "What do you mean?"

"Did you and that guy from the bar leave out or?"

"No. God no. He was being an idiot and trying to hit on me-"

"Isn't that point of being at a bar?" Macy asked.

"Macy, he tried to get in my pants, and so I left."

"And so you didn't get me? Thanks, friends."

"Sorry. Stop being so grumpy a lot."

She rubbed her face. "I can't help it. I don't feel good."

"Maybe next time you'll remember not to go to a bar."

"But I did this for you, Selena."

"I know, and you're a great friend for it, but it was like when I got there, I felt weird. I felt like I couldn't hit if off with a guy -"

"Because of Justin?"

Selena sighed. "Oh my gosh! It's not about Justin, Macy. I'm done with him."

"Then why can't you date, huh?" Macy raised her voice.

"I'm scared, okay!" Selena cried.

Macy stood there.

"And you know what, maybe I can't get over the fact that he did cheated on me." Selena cried. "Justin and I were dating for four years, and how could he do this to me? Did he stop loving me?"
Selena was in pain, and tears fell down her eyes. "You act like you are in such pain, but you never ask how I'm doing. You're not there for me when I need you the most."

Macy wraps her hands around Selena and hugs her. "I'm here now. Tell me."

Selena and Macy sat at the bench in the streets, and Selena talked.

"Maybe you're right, Macy. Maybe why I don't date is because I just have hope." Tears fell down Selena eyes. "Maybe I have hope that one day Justin and I'll be together again."

"Selena, it's been four years."

Selena pressed her lips together, trying not to cry. "I feel like I wasn't good enough for him, Macy."

Macy wraps her hands around Selena. "Boys are boys, and they'll do some stupid stuff. And to be honest, I'm glad you left him because maybe it taught him a lesson. A lesson to not cheat on a girl again. Selena, you did the right thing and all I can say is that, don't keep a hold of something that might not come back, because if you keep your mind on him, you'll miss out."

Selena didn't say anything but took a deep breath. She laid her head on Macy's shoulders.

****

Later that night, Selena and Jake had been walking in Central Park.
You could tell that she has been crying and yet she tried to cover it, but couldn't.

"Why have you been crying?" He asked.

"Long day." She smiled.

"You okay?"

"I am now."

Macy was right. Maybe Selena had to move on from Justin. Selena knew deep down that she couldn't have hope on something that might not even come around.
It was time to move on, she told herself.

"So, what did you want?" Jake asked.

"I wanted to spend time with you because... because I really like you a lot."

He didn't say anything.

"You're right. I need to not be scared a-and well the past years had been a wild journey for me. What I'm trying to say is that, I had hope for something, that probably won't come true and now I'm wasting time on it, so I have to move on," she said. "I'm done staying in the past. It's times to move on and stop being scared."

He didn't know what to say.
With that, Selena had pressed her lips on Jake's lips.
He kissed back.
He went back and looked at her, shocked.

"You kissed me," he said.

Selena smiled. "Was it too early?"

He smiled back and nodded his head no. He placed his hand on her cheek and leaned to her, kissing her.

"Go out with me," he said under the kiss.

"Yes." She wrapped her hands around his neck, and they were still kissing in the park.

This is short, but I'll write more on the next chapter.
Hope y'all are enjoying it